Legislative Advocacy: State Advocacy
Recognizes agencies demonstrating the most efficient, effective, and creative use of resources to achieve state legislative objectives.
Legislative Advocacy entries will be judged on the degree to which they:
- Advance the overall mission of the agency
- Are innovative
- Are replicable
- Demonstrate coalition building
- Forge effective relationships with state and/or federal legislators
- Achieve strategic objectives
- Anticipate, identify, and prioritize legislative issues
- Reach target audiences
- Employ analytical skills to anticipate and identify the potential ramifications of issues
- Provide benefits that outweigh costs
- Demonstrate effective use of resources
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-624-7710.
California Housing Finance Agency
California Housing Finance Agency:
California Legislative Housing Package
CalHFA, HCD, and others helped state lawmakers pass a historic package of housing bills.
Illinois Housing Development Authority:
Extending Blight Reduction
Data-driven advocacy saves critical community revitalization funding in a difficult political environment.
Gateway City Tours
MassHousing meets with Gateway City officials to increase awareness of the Agency’s products and programs.
Washington State Housing Finance Commission:
Getting to Yes to Protect Homeowners
In 2018, the Commission brought numerous groups to consensus to strengthen legislation and protect homeowners.