Legislative Advocacy: State Advocacy
Recognizes agencies demonstrating the most efficient, effective, and creative use of resources to achieve state legislative objectives.
Legislative Advocacy entries will be judged on the degree to which they:
- Advance the overall mission of the agency
- Are innovative
- Are replicable
- Demonstrate coalition building
- Forge effective relationships with state and/or federal legislators
- Achieve strategic objectives
- Anticipate, identify, and prioritize legislative issues
- Reach target audiences
- Employ analytical skills to anticipate and identify the potential ramifications of issues
- Provide benefits that outweigh costs
- Demonstrate effective use of resources
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-624-7710.
California Housing Finance Agency:
"Veterans Housing and Homeless Prevention Bond Act of 2014"
CA state legislation advocacy for Proposition 41 (AB639) Veterans Housing and Homeless Prevention Bond Act of 2014
Florida Housing Finance Corporation (Winner):
"Revitalizing Advocacy Efforts"
Florida Housing revitalizes state legislative advocacy efforts
"Meeting a New Preservation Challenge"
MassHousing's 13A Working Group is a collaborative effort to address a housing preservation challenge legislatively.
Michigan State Housing Development Authority:
"Michigan Legislative Videos & Brochures"
A collection of videos and brochures individually produced for Michigan's legislative districts showing economic impact for legislators
Nebraska Investment Finance Authority:
A concise tool to introduce new state legislators to NIFA and our work