- 01 FHA Report Says Health of Mortgage Fund Improving
- 02 The 2014 Factbook Is Here: Order Your Copy Today!
- 03 HUD Issues Proposed State Fair Housing Assessment Tool; Announces Fair Housing Pilot Program in Collaboration with NCSHA
- 04 Senators Cantwell and Hatch Introduce Comprehensive Housing Credit Legislation
- 05 Senators Introduce Bill to Classify Municipal Bonds as High-Quality Liquid Assets
- 06 NCSHA Announces Recipients of the 2016 Annual Awards for Program Excellence
- HFA NewsDecember 9, 2016Iowa Finance Authority Awards City of Mount Pleasant $1 Million Low-Interest Loan for Workforce Rental Housing
The Iowa Finance Authority Board of Directors recently approved a $1 million low-interest loan to the City of Mount Pleasant for the development of new workforce rental housing. The award was made through the Workforce Housing Loan program, which provides financial assistance in the form of low-cost repayable loans to cities and counties.
- HFA NewsDecember 9, 2016
Rhode Island Housing today announced investments in developments anticipated to create or preserve more than 230 units of housing and support more than 110 jobs. The developments, in Providence and Warwick, further the agency’s efforts to meet the state’s demand for housing, which is essential to economic growth.
- HFA NewsDecember 7, 2016
Survivors affected by the August flooding can explore possible housing solutions at the Louisiana Affordable Housing Solutions Expo at the Celtic Media Centre, Dec. 9-10.
- Blog PostDecember 5, 2016
President-elect Donald Trump's transition team announced this morning that he has selected Dr. Ben Carson to be his Administration's Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Carson is former Republican candidate for President and served as the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Maryland from 1984 until his retirement in 2013.
- Blog PostDecember 2, 2016
The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) announced yesterday the county loan limits for its single-family mortgage programs for 2017 and issued a Mortgagee Letter that increases the minimum loan limit for low-price areas and the maximum loan limit for high-cost areas.
- Blog PostDecember 1, 2016
The authors analyzed the locations of over 3,000 properties located in the 20 least affordable metro areas and found that there was no significant effect on nearby home values resulting from Housing Credit development.