On February 9, 2016 the Administration sent Congress its Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 Budget, proposing funding for all federal programs, including HUD and the Department of Agriculture's (USDA) rural housing programs.
- 01 Administration Releases FY 2017 Budget
- 02 HOME Coalition Advocacy Materials
- 03 FHFA Releases Proposed Duty to Serve Rule for Fannie and Freddie
- 04 Hear From Washington’s Most Trusted Voice on All Things Political, Charlie Cook, at NCSHA's Legislative Conference
- 05 Blog: House Unanimously Passes Rental Assistance Reform Bill
- HFA NewsFebruary 12, 2016
Bank of North Dakota (BND) announced it has committed to $34.5 million in low interest loans through the BND Infrastructure Loan Program established by the 2015 Legislature. Funds were approved for road and water infrastructure construction in Wahpeton, West Fargo, Grand Forks and Beach.
- HFA NewsFebruary 9, 2016Iowa Finance Authority Announces New Round of Workforce Rental Housing Funds for Iowa Cities and Counties
The Iowa Finance Authority will begin accepting applications for the Workforce Housing Loan Program beginning March 1. The program is available to communities with a need for additional rental housing as a result of local employment growth. The program has $3.6 million available to provide financial assistance in the form of low-cost repayable loans to cities and counties for eligible projects on a “first-ready-to-proceed” basis.
- HFA NewsFebruary 5, 2016Vacant Lowell Mill Building To Be Converted Into Family Apartments With $3.5 Million in MassHousing Financing
MassHousing will be providing $3.5 million in financing for Mass Mills III, which will convert a long vacant Lowell mill building into 70 new apartments for low- and moderate-income families.
- Blog PostFebruary 12, 2016
The House Financial Services Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance held a hearing yesterday to examine the current and future status of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and its affordable housing programs. The hearing included testimony from Edward Golding, who currently oversees FHA as the Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Office of Housing.
- Blog PostFebruary 10, 2016
On February 9, 2016 the Administration sent Congress its Fiscal Year (FY) 2017 Budget, proposing funding for all federal programs, including HUD and the Department of Agriculture's (USDA) rural housing programs. The Budget proposes a total of $1.1 trillion in discretionary spending for FY 2017, abiding by the discretionary caps negotiated as part of the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015.
- Blog PostFebruary 8, 2016
Earlier today, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) released a final rule that implements several key changes to its Single Family Housing Loan Guarantee program (SFHGLP). The final rule is largely identical to an interim rule that USDA released in December 2013, with several minor modifications. NCSHA summarized the interim rule on our blog.