- 01 CFPB Proposes Expanding RESPA Disclosure Exemption for HFA Loans
- 02 HUD Issues Proposed State Fair Housing Assessment Tool; Announces Fair Housing Pilot Program in Collaboration with NCSHA
- 03 Senators Cantwell and Hatch Introduce Comprehensive Housing Credit Legislation
- 04 Senators Introduce Bill to Classify Municipal Bonds as High-Quality Liquid Assets
- 05 NCSHA Announces Recipients of the 2016 Annual Awards for Program Excellence
- HFA NewsOctober 20, 2016Iowa Finance Authority Marks 20,000 Affordable Housing Units Assisted through State Housing Trust Fund
The Iowa Finance Authority, the Housing Trust Fund of Johnson County and the City of Iowa City marked the 20,000th affordable housing unit assisted by the State Housing Trust Fund since the Iowa Legislature created the program in 2003.
- HFA NewsOctober 19, 2016VHFA SEEKS PUBLIC INPUT ON MOST URGENT HOUSING NEEDS: PLAN FOR ALLOCATING HOUSING TAX CREDITS BEING REVISED
Vermont Housing Finance Agency's Executive Director Sarah Carpenter announced today that interested parties are invited to submit comments on how housing tax credits are allocated.
- HFA NewsOctober 17, 2016
Registration is underway for the Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority (WHEDA) Conference 2016. The conference takes place at the Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center in Madison, Monday, November 14, 2016.
- Blog PostOctober 18, 2016
HUD issued a notice in the Federal Register October 4 requesting public comments on a proposed requirement for owners of HUD-funded multifamily housing to implement energy benchmarking in their properties, consistent with the President’s Climate Action Plan and other Administration and HUD initiatives to improve energy efficiency in HUD-assisted properties.
- Blog PostOctober 17, 2016
The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) filed a regulatory notice last week seeking public comment on how it should focus it regulatory and educational efforts in the coming years. MSRB filed the notice to collect input on its biennial strategic planning process, which is set to begin in January. MSRB is also seeking input on how it can improve its Electronic Municipal Market Access (EMMA®) website.
- Blog PostOctober 3, 2016
On September 28 — just two days before the government would be forced to shut down for lack of funding — Congress approved a short-term continuing resolution (CR) to fund the federal government through December 9. The CR will fund all federal agencies at Fiscal Year (FY) 2016 levels with a 0.5 percent reduction to stay within the spending limits imposed by the budget agreement Congress reached last year, which applied to FY 2016 and FY 2017 spending.