- 01 HOME Coalition Advocacy Materials
- 02 FHFA Releases Proposed Duty to Serve Rule for Fannie and Freddie
- 03 Hear From Washington’s Most Trusted Voice on All Things Political, Charlie Cook, at NCSHA's Legislative Conference
- 04 Blog: House Passes Legislation to Classify Muni Bonds as High-Quality Liquid Assets
- 05 Blog: House Unanimously Passes Rental Assistance Reform Bill
- HFA NewsFebruary 9, 2016Iowa Finance Authority Announces New Round of Workforce Rental Housing Funds for Iowa Cities and Counties
The Iowa Finance Authority will begin accepting applications for the Workforce Housing Loan Program beginning March 1. The program is available to communities with a need for additional rental housing as a result of local employment growth. The program has $3.6 million available to provide financial assistance in the form of low-cost repayable loans to cities and counties for eligible projects on a “first-ready-to-proceed” basis.
- HFA NewsFebruary 5, 2016Vacant Lowell Mill Building To Be Converted Into Family Apartments With $3.5 Million in MassHousing Financing
MassHousing will be providing $3.5 million in financing for Mass Mills III, which will convert a long vacant Lowell mill building into 70 new apartments for low- and moderate-income families.
- HFA NewsFebruary 2, 2016
Downtown revitalization efforts in Wilmington, Dover and Seaford continue to gain momentum, with new projects in all three counties slated to receive funding from Delaware’s Downtown Development Districts program.
- Blog PostFebruary 8, 2016
Earlier today, the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) released a final rule that implements several key changes to its Single Family Housing Loan Guarantee program (SFHGLP). The final rule is largely identical to an interim rule that USDA released in December 2013, with several minor modifications. NCSHA summarized the interim rule on our blog.
- Blog PostFebruary 3, 2016
Yesterday, in a rare unanimous vote, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 3700, the Housing Opportunity Through Modernization Act (HOTMA), which would make various reforms to rental housing assistance programs, including streamlining Housing Choice Voucher program inspections, simplifying the requirements for project basing vouchers, and providing public housing agencies (PHAs) greater flexibility to transfer funding between their operating and capital funds.
- Blog PostFebruary 3, 2016
The Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH) recently released its annual report, Housing Credit Policies in 2015 that Promote Supportive Housing, which finds that "virtually every Housing Credit agency fosters some form of supportive housing development through its Housing Credit program."