- March 20, 2018NLIHC Report Spotlights Affordable Rental Housing Shortage
According to the recent NLIHC study, there are 11.2 million extremely low-income (ELI) renter households in the United States — nearly 26 percent of all renter households and almost 10 percent of all households.
- March 20, 2018The Bollinger Foundation is Now Accepting Scholarship Grant Nominations
The Bollinger Foundation is now seeking nominations for their 2018 grant awards.
- March 20, 2018Five HFAs Awarded Capital Magnet Fund Grants
The U.S. Department of the Treasury's Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI Fund) announced last week the recipients of the Capital Magnet Fund’s fiscal year (FY) 2017 round of funding.
- March 19, 2018Senate Passes Comprehensive Financial Regulatory Reform Bill
The U.S. Senate on March 14 passed legislation, the “Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act” (S. 2155), that amends federal banking law and financial regulations.
- March 9, 2018Senate Democrats Unveil Infrastructure Plan with Support for Affordable Housing
Senate Democrats this week released their Jobs & Infrastructure Plan for America’s Workers, a $1 trillion plan to invest in and modernize our nation’s infrastructure. Among other investments, Senate Democrats propose $62 billion for affordable housing, neighborhood revitalization, and lead remediation.
- March 20, 2018The Next Housing Crisis: A Historic Shortage of New HomesThe Wall Street Journal
- March 15, 2018HUD Secretary Carson Launches New Financial Controls to Enhance Department’s Fiscal Strength and IntegrityHUD.gov
- March 8, 2018CFPB Issues Final Rule To Help Mortgage Servicers Communicate With Certain Borrowers Facing BankruptcyConsumer Financial Protection Bureau
- March 6, 2018FHFA Issues Proposed Rule Amending Federal Home Loan Banks’ Affordable Housing Program RegulationFederal Housing Finance Agency
- February 27, 2018HUD Awards Choice Neighborhoods Planning GrantsU.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- February 13, 2018Charles A. Richman to Lead New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance AgencyNew Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency
- February 13, 2018$3.5 Billion in New Markets Tax Credits Awarded to Spur Economic Growth NationwideThe U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDFI Fund)
- February 12, 2018Trump Administration Proposes 2019 HUD BudgetHUD.gov
- March 5, 2018Stockton Williams Appointed NCSHA Executive Director
The National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) Board of Directors announced today that housing and economic development expert Stockton Williams has been appointed Executive Director, effective April 2.
- February 12, 2018NCSHA Statement on the Administration’s FY 2019 Budget
The Administration’s FY 2019 Budget proposes eliminating HOME, the Housing Trust Fund, CDBG, and other effective housing programs, and drastically reduces federal rental assistance on which so many people rely. Losing funding for these programs would be a devastating blow to the efforts of state Housing Finance Agencies (HFAs) and others to provide affordable housing and a path out of poverty for thousands of families.
- January 31, 2018Statement From NCSHA Interim Executive Director Garth Rieman Following the State of the Union Address
We agree America is a nation of builders. The National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) asks Congress and the Administration to enact infrastructure legislation that supports the builders who produce desperately needed affordable homes for families ready to build their lives on the foundation a decent, affordable home provides. Affordable housing often leads directly to added security, quality education, health benefits, and proximity to good jobs.
- January 2, 2018NCSHA Releases Updated Recommended Practices for Housing Credit Program Administration
The National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) has published updated recommended practices for state Housing Finance Agency (HFA) administration of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (Housing Credit) program.
- January 1, 2018NCSHA Names Rieman as Interim Executive Director
The National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) Board of Directors has named Garth Rieman interim executive director of the association, effective January 1, 2018.
- March 20, 2018SDHDA Governor’s House Program Unveils New Design
The Governor’s House program from the South Dakota Housing Development Authority (SDHDA) is making considerable changes to the interior and exterior of the house to give it a more modern appeal.
- March 19, 2018MassHousing Announces Down Payment Assistance Program
MassHousing announced the launch of a new down payment assistance program designed to lower the barriers to achieving homeownership working households face.
- March 19, 2018SDHDA Hosting Public Comment Meeting on Housing and Community Development Plans
The public meeting on March 27, 2018, will be held at several locations throughout the state through the Dakota Digital Network (DDN).
- March 16, 2018Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development Announces Fiscal Year 2019 Application Round for State Revitalization Programs
The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is announcing the FY19 application round for three State Revitalization Programs.
- March 16, 2018LHC Releases Draft QAP for Public Comment
The Louisiana Housing Corporation (LHC) released a draft of the 2018 Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP) for public comment.