- Washington Report | November 2, 2018
- Washington Report | October 26, 2018
- Washington Report | October 12, 2018
- Washington Report | October 5, 2018
- Washington Report | September 28, 2018
- Washington Report | September 21, 2018
- Washington Report | September 14, 2018
- Washington Report | September 7, 2018
- Washington Report | August 31, 2018
- Washington Report | August 25, 2018
- Washington Report | August 17, 2018
- Past Washington Reports
- November 9, 2018NCSHA Releases Expanded Opportunity Zone Fund Directory
NCSHA released a significantly expanded second edition of its Opportunity Zone Fund Directory today, including details on 34 Qualified Opportunity Funds (QOFs) formed to attract Opportunity Zone investment. Opportunity Zones are a new community development tool authorized in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 to encourage investment in designated high-poverty neighborhoods.
- November 8, 2018FHFA Announces 2019 Multifamily Lending Caps for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
On November 6, the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) released its 2019 multifamily lending caps for the Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Each of the firms’ multifamily business will be capped at $35 billion next year, mirroring allocations to each GSE in 2018.
- November 7, 2018Freddie Mac Releases Three More White Papers in Duty-to-Serve Series
Freddie Mac has published three additional white pages in its “Duty-to-Serve” series, designed to examine efforts to encourage housing affordability and increase rental and homeownership opportunities in underserved markets. The papers address Housing Credit incentives, affordable housing in high-opportunity areas, and mixed-income housing in areas of concentrated poverty.
- October 30, 2018FHFA Finds GSEs Met Most Affordable Housing Goals in 2017
According to the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) Annual Housing Report for 2018, released today, Fannie Mae met all its affordable housing goals in 2017, while Freddie Mac met its multifamily goals but had a mixed record on its single-family goals.
- October 25, 2018Freddie Mac Releases White Papers on Housing Credit Use in Appalachia and Indian Areas
Freddie Mac has published two white papers, “LIHTC in Middle Appalachia” and “LIHTC in Indian Areas,” highlighting how the Housing Credit is being used to bring affordable rental housing to underserved markets.
- November 6, 2018FHFA Announces 2019 Multifamily Lending Caps for Fannie Mae and Freddie MacFederal Housing Finance Agency
- November 5, 2018Freddie Mac Shines Spotlight on Underserved Multifamily Housing Markets with Three New White PapersFreddie Mac
- November 1, 2018Trump Administration Announces Decline in Veteran HomelessnessHUD.gov
- October 29, 2018FHFA Issues Proposed Rule on Federal Home Loan Bank Housing GoalsFederal Housing Finance Agency
- October 24, 2018Developers Look to Hit Tax-Break ‘Jackpot’ in Opportunity ZonesWall Street Journal
- October 24, 2018Opportunity Is Coming to a City Near YouWall Street Journal
- October 22, 2018New ‘Opportunity Zone’ Tax-Break Rules Offer Flexibility to DevelopersWall Street Journal
- October 22, 2018Redfin: Home Prices Post Smallest Increase in 6 YearsHousingWire
- November 9, 2018NCSHA Releases 2018 Election Analysis
The NCSHA Policy and Government Affairs team provides ongoing 2018 midterm election analysis.
- November 9, 2018Urban Commercial Real Estate, Multifamily Housing Favored by Opportunity Zone Fund Managers
Fund managers aiming to raise capital through the Opportunity Zone (OZ) tax incentive enacted last year are heavily focused on commercial real estate in larger urban areas, according to a new analysis by the National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA).
- October 24, 2018NCSHA Releases Opportunity Zone Fund Directory
The National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) released the Opportunity Zone Fund Directory. This new online resource provides descriptions and contact information for publicly-announced Opportunity Funds that have been formed for the purpose of attracting investment in Opportunity Zones.
- October 24, 2018NCSHA Honors State Housing Finance Agencies for Innovation
The National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) recognized 15 state Housing Finance Agencies (HFAs) for innovative programs on October 15 during the association's Annual Conference & Showplace, held in Austin and attended by 1,000 member affordable housing leaders and professionals.
- October 18, 2018NCSHA Announces New Board of Directors
The National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) held its 2018 Board election on October 14 in Austin during the association’s 48th Annual Conference & Showplace.
- November 7, 2018Iowa Finance Authority Awards City of Garner $360,000 For Workforce Housing
The Iowa Finance Authority Board of Directors today approved a $360,000 low-interest loan to the City of Garner for the construction of twelve new workforce rental townhomes. The award was made through the Workforce Housing Loan program, which provides financial assistance in the form of low-cost repayable loans to cities and counties.
- November 7, 2018Iowa Finance Authority Awards $100,000 to Support Creation of Mobile Disaster Response Team
The Iowa Finance Authority Board of Directors today awarded $100,000 to Habitat for Humanity of Iowa to support the creation of a new statewide mobile disaster response team. The team’s efforts will first be focused on assisting with home damage caused by the July 19, 2018 tornado in Marshalltown.
- November 7, 2018NJHMFA Seeking Hospitals Interested in $12M Supportive Housing Partnership
The New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA) has invited hospitals statewide to participate in a $12 million innovative partnership program promoting investment in affordable and supportive housing in their communities.
- November 5, 2018NJHMFA Receives Grant to Support Housing Counseling for New Jersey Residents
The New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA) board has taken action to further the Murphy administration’s stepped-up efforts to provide quality housing counseling to New Jersey residents with a nearly $250,000 federal grant dedicated toward expanded services.
- November 2, 2018NJHMFA Marks Groundbreaking for Affordable Apartments in Camden
State and local officials, including New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency Executive Director Charles A. Richman (NJHFMA), marked the groundbreaking today of 72 affordable rental apartments for families – the next phase in the redevelopment of a dilapidated and obsolete public housing complex in the city’s Centerville neighborhood.