- Washington Report | May 18, 2018
- Washington Report | May 11, 2018
- Washington Report | May 4, 2018
- Washington Report | April 27, 2018
- May 24, 2018FHFA Director Watt Testifies Before Senate Banking Committee
The Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) will soon propose capital requirements for the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, FHFA Director Mel Watt told the Senate Banking Committee during a May 23 hearing.
- May 24, 2018House Financial Services Committee Advances Bills Aimed at Voucher Mobility, Transitional Housing
On May 22, the House Committee on Financial Services advanced the Housing Choice Voucher Mobility Demonstration Act of 2018, HR 5793, and the Transitional Housing for Recovery in Viable Environments Demonstration Program (THRIVE) Act, HR 5735.
- May 24, 2018House Appropriations Committee Approves FY 2019 Bill Level Funding Most Housing Programs
On May 23, the House Appropriations Committee approved the Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Transportation, Housing, and Urban Development (THUD) funding bill, which provides $44 billion in total net discretionary spending for HUD programs.
- May 23, 2018Senate Confirms Brian Montgomery to Be FHA Commissioner
The Senate today voted to confirm Brian Montgomery’s nomination to serve as Commissioner of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and HUD Assistant Secretary for Housing.
- May 23, 2018House Passes Financial Regulatory Reform Bill
The U.S. House of Representatives on May 22 passed legislation, the “Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act” (S. 2155), that amends federal banking law and financial regulations.
- May 23, 2018Senate Confirms Brian Montgomery to Lead Federal Housing AdministrationHUD.gov
- May 23, 2018FHFA Releases 2017 Report to CongressFederal Housing Finance Agency
- May 15, 2018Michael Bright Nominated to Lead Ginnie Mae on Permanent Basiswhitehouse.gov
- May 10, 2018HUD to Seek Public Comment on ‘Disparate Impact’ RegulationHUD.gov
- May 3, 2018HUD Floats a Plan Intended to Reduce Reliance on Housing AssistanceThe New York Times
- May 3, 2018Carson’s HUD Rent Hike is a Fix in Search of a ProblemThe Washington Post
- May 3, 2018Opportunity Sprouts in Impoverished Areas, Thanks to Tax ReformWashington Examiner
- April 30, 2018FHFA Issues Correction and Extends Comment Period for Proposed Rule Amending Federal Home Loan Banks’ Affordable Housing Program RegulationFHFA.gov
- May 22, 2018Statement from NCSHA Executive Director Stockton Williams on the Hardest Hit Fund Program
The Hardest Hit Fund (HHF) program was established in the wake of the Great Recession to assist struggling homeowners and communities in states disproportionately impacted by foreclosures and unemployment.
- April 9, 2018A Message from Executive Director Stockton Williams
NCSHA welcomed Stockton Williams on board as the organization’s new Executive Director, following his appointment by the Board of Directors. Here, Stockton recorded the following message for NCSHA’s members
- March 5, 2018Stockton Williams Appointed NCSHA Executive Director
The National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) Board of Directors announced today that housing and economic development expert Stockton Williams has been appointed Executive Director, effective April 2.
- February 12, 2018NCSHA Statement on the Administration’s FY 2019 Budget
The Administration’s FY 2019 Budget proposes eliminating HOME, the Housing Trust Fund, CDBG, and other effective housing programs, and drastically reduces federal rental assistance on which so many people rely.
- January 31, 2018Statement From NCSHA Interim Executive Director Garth Rieman Following the State of the Union Address
We agree America is a nation of builders. The National Council of State Housing Agencies (NCSHA) asks Congress and the Administration to enact infrastructure legislation that supports the builders who produce desperately needed affordable homes for families ready to build their lives on the foundation a decent, affordable home provides.
- May 24, 2018North Dakota Industrial Commission Supports Applied Research Proposal to Revitalize Conventional Oil Fields in North Dakota
The North Dakota Industrial Commission (NDIC) has approved a $3 million Oil and Gas Research Program grant for a project aimed at revitalizing North Dakota’s conventional oil fields.
- May 24, 2018Carol Wilson, WCDA Director of Single Family Programs, Wins Brown-Wells Service Award
Carol Wilson, Director of Single Family Programs at Wyoming Community Development Authority (WCDA), was named the 2018 recipient of the Brown-Wells Service Award.
- May 24, 20182018 WCDA Lender of the Year Announced
Heather Knighton, Loan Originator at Wallick & Volk, Casper, was named the Wyoming Community Development Authority (WCDA) 2017 Lender of the Year.
- May 23, 2018Brockton Housing Communities Will Undergo Substantial Renovation, Have Affordability Preserved With $14.5 Million in MassHousing Financing
MassHousing has closed on a total of $14.5 million in affordable housing financing to Beacon Communities LLC, for the rehabilitation and preservation of affordability of 570 apartments at two related Brockton housing communities.
- May 22, 2018Iowa Finance Authority Announces Launch of Iowa Profile on Demographics, Economic and Housing
The Iowa Finance Authority today announced the launch of the Iowa Profile, a centralized and interactive collection of demographic, economic and housing data, which is a first of its kind resource for the State of Iowa.