Legislative Advocacy: State Advocacy
Recognizes agencies demonstrating the most efficient, effective, and creative use of resources to achieve state legislative objectives.
Legislative Advocacy entries will be judged on the degree to which they:
- Advance the overall mission of the agency
- Are innovative
- Are replicable
- Demonstrate coalition building
- Forge effective relationships with state and/or federal legislators
- Achieve strategic objectives
- Anticipate, identify, and prioritize legislative issues
- Reach target audiences
- Employ analytical skills to anticipate and identify the potential ramifications of issues
- Provide benefits that outweigh costs
- Demonstrate effective use of resources
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 202-624-7710.
Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (Winner)
Delaware State Housing Authority:
Illinois Housing Development Authority:
"Property Tax Reduction Bill"
Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (Winner):
"Taking Action Against Blighted, Vacant and Abandoned Properties"
"Special Housing Commission"
"Housing & Job Growth Initiative"
Tennessee Housing Development Agency:
"Fair Taxation for LIHTC Developments"
In January 2014, the THDA Board of Directors took the unprecedented step of supporting specific legislation to prohibit a local Assessor of Property from taxing the value of the Tax Credit.
Virginia Housing Development Authority:
"Virginia Housing Trust Fund Campaign"
The Housing Trust Fund Campaign was established by key affordable housing organizations, with the direct support of the Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA) and the Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) to increase access by Virginians to affordable housing options.