Legislative Advocacy: State Advocacy
Recognizes agencies demonstrating the most efficient, effective, and creative use of resources to achieve state legislative objectives.
Legislative Advocacy entries will be judged on the degree to which they:
- Advance the overall mission of the agency
- Are innovative
- Are replicable
- Demonstrate coalition building
- Forge effective relationships with state and/or federal legislators
- Achieve strategic objectives
- Anticipate, identify, and prioritize legislative issues
- Reach target audiences
- Employ analytical skills to anticipate and identify the potential ramifications of issues
- Provide benefits that outweigh costs
- Demonstrate effective use of resources
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 202-624-7710.
Colorado Housing and Finance Authority
Colorado Housing and Finance Authority:
State LIHTC Extension
Colorado builds bipartisan support and broad-based coalition to extend expiring state LIHTC program.
Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority:
Making Housing and Community Development Policy a Priority
Making Housing and Community Development Policy a Priority: Culmination of Collaboration.
13A Working Group
MassHousing's 13A Working Group is a collaborative effort to address a housing preservation challenge legislatively.
An interagency partnership created a legislative campaign that successfully provided funding for rental assistance.
Washington State Housing Finance Commission:
Three Victories for Washington State Housing
Thanks to the Commission's leadership, Washington state's foreclosure-counseling program was saved and two other important housing bills were passed.