Legislative Advocacy: Federal Advocacy
Recognizes agencies demonstrating the most efficient, effective, and creative use of resources to achieve federal legislative objectives.
Legislative Advocacy entries will be judged on the degree to which they:
- Advance the overall mission of the agency
- Are innovative
- Are replicable
- Demonstrate coalition building
- Forge effective relationships with state and/or federal legislators
- Achieve strategic objectives
- Anticipate, identify, and prioritize legislative issues
- Reach target audiences
- Employ analytical skills to anticipate and identify the potential ramifications of issues
- Provide benefits that outweigh costs
- Demonstrate effective use of resources
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-624-7710.
Tennessee Housing Development Agency:
Shaping the Landscape — Bond Protection & LIHTC Expansion
In the last year, Tennessee has had an unprecedented turnover in elected officials on the local, state and federal level. That turnover was a call to duty for THDA's Industry and Governmental Affairs Division to educate legislators and advocate for bond protection and LIHTC expansion.
Virginia Housing Development Authority:
On Tour with Virginia's Congressional Representatives
Part of VHDA’s overall mission is to advocate for affordable housing and show how we leverage our resources and effectively use federal resources to produce affordable housing. The Congressional Affordable Housing Bus Tour allows participants, including members of Congress and staff from a U.S. Senators’ office, to see the big picture of how federal housing programs positively impact Virginia localities.