HFA affordable housing efforts emphasize sustainability and health by promoting energy-efficient and healthy construction, connecting housing to jobs, supporting educational opportunity, and increasing transportation and healthcare access. The COVID-19 crisis has brought renewed attention to the nexus between health and housing at the property and community levels, particularly for households of color.
Sustainable and Healthy Housing
New Harvard Housing Study Highlights Affordability Challenges Amidst Post-Pandemic Economic Recovery
Published on June 17, 2021
White House Announces Proposals to Reduce the Racial Wealth Gap
Published on June 1, 2021
NCSHA Infrastructure Priorities Memo
Published on May 17, 2021
HUD Letter on Resumption of REAC In-Person Housing Inspections
Published on April 23, 2021
- Secretary Fudge Outlines HUD Actions to Address Reentry Housing Needs and Increase Public Safety
- HUD Accelerates Access to Puerto Rico Disaster Relief Funds
- HUD Commemorates National Fair Housing Month 2021
- HUD Awards $5.5 Billion in Grants to Local Communities for Affordable Housing and to Serve Individuals and Families
- To find local housing assistance, please contact your state’s Housing Finance Agency (HFA).
- To learn more about NCSHA’s advocacy work in this area or to attend a related education event, complete the general inquiry form.
- Members of the media, please contact Lisa Bowman, Director of Marketing and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.