The HFA Institute’s four program-specific conferences will strengthen your understanding of program fundamentals and advanced techniques for administering the Low Income Housing Tax Credit; the HOME Investment Partnerships program; Mortgage Revenue Bonds, Federal Housing Administration and rural housing mortgage insurance; and HUD’s Performance-Based Section 8 Contract Administration initiative.
These premier training events provide an unprecedented chance to network with your peers and receive top-notch education and invaluable advice from key federal officials, leading trainers and consultants, noted industry professionals, and experienced HFA practitioners. Sessions will cover program basics, legislative and regulatory updates, industry perspectives, and solutions to the latest program administration challenges. The conference will also feature networking events and roundtables open exclusively to HFA staff. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for high-quality, in-depth instruction on these essential HFA programs.
Register and reserve your hotel accommodations by December 9 to take advantage of discounted rates.
HOME and Housing Trust Fund Module: January 12 – 14
- Hear from HUD officials and expert trainers during interactive sessions
- Learn the status and outlook for FY 2020 funding
- Gain guidance and strategies for administering HOME and the Housing Trust Fund
- Explore best practices for written agreements, cross-cutting requirements, and risk-based monitoring
Housing Credit Module: January 14 – 16
- Hear the 2020 legislative forecast
- Receive regulatory briefings from Treasury and HUD officials
- Participate in a multifamily developers’ forum
- Discuss income averaging best practices, strategic preservation opportunities, and fair housing and other compliance hot topics
MRBs and Other Federal Homeownership Programs Module: January 15 – 17
- Talk with leaders from FHFA, FHA, USDA, and Ginnie Mae
- Learn the latest on FHA’s down payment assistance policies and FHFA’s plans for the GSEs’ future
- Explore partnership opportunities with Fannie, Freddie, and the FHLBs
- Gain expert tips on HFA homeownership financing and cybersecurity requirements
Section 8 and Other Federally Assisted Multifamily Housing Module: January 15 – 17
- Discuss multifamily priorities and policy updates with HUD and USDA officials
- Train on Section 8 Performance-Based Contract Administration and HUD’s upcoming procurement
- Examine critical funding, fair housing, and preservation issues
- Explore multifamily finance trends, strategies, and partnerships
The HFA Institute is held in the nation’s capital each year to allow maximum participation by federal policy makers and regulators.