Registrants: The event platform will be available through May for on-demand viewing of recorded sessions and networking.
NCSHA wishes to thank our speakers, sponsors, and attendees for their contributions to the success of the 2021 HFA Institute.
The HFA Institute’s four program-specific conferences will strengthen your understanding of program fundamentals and advanced techniques for administering the Housing Credit; the HOME Investment Partnerships program; Mortgage Revenue Bonds; Federal Housing Administration and rural housing mortgage insurance; and HUD’s Performance-Based Section 8 Contract Administration initiative.
These premier training events provide an unprecedented chance to receive top-notch education and invaluable advice from key federal officials, renowned trainers and consultants, noted industry professionals, and experienced HFA practitioners. Sessions will cover program basics, legislative and regulatory updates, industry perspectives, and solutions to the latest program administration challenges. The conference also will feature NCSHA’s popular community meet-ups for HFA staff.
Highlights this year will include insight into what a Biden presidency and new Congress will mean for affordable housing and updates on COVID-19 and related legislation and regulation.
HFAi is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for in-depth instruction in the following major federal housing program areas.
MRBs and Other Federal Homeownership Programs: February 1 – 3
- Hear from federal officials about recent guidance and what to expect in 2021.
- Explore how HFAs finance their homeownership programs.
- Navigating new loan servicing challenges presented by COVID-19.
- Discuss how to balance agency financial considerations with promoting affordability.
Housing Credit: February 3 – 5
- Get the 2021 legislative outlook.
- Hear regulatory briefings from Treasury and HUD officials.
- Explore Average Income Test development and compliance strategies.
- Discuss new program priorities for the COVID-19 era.
Section 8 and Other Federal Multifamily Programs: February 8 – 10
- Hear recent multifamily program guidance from HUD officials.
- Share COVID-19 best practices and lessons learned from navigating pandemic-related challenges.
- Learn about record-keeping, management and occupancy reviews, and annual recertification from expert trainers.
- Discuss Section 8 Performance-Based Contract Administration hot topics and HUD’s upcoming procurement.
HOME and Housing Trust Fund: February 10 – 12
- Hear from HUD officials on the latest regulations and COVID-19 guidance.
- Get a preview of 2021 funding and policies.
- Work with expert trainers on program administration best practices and strategies.
- Go from a refresher on administering HOME and the Housing Trust Fund to a deep dive into cross-cutting requirements and complex deals.
Questions about HFAi?
Please email the NCSHA Registrar for assistance.