- HFA NewsMarch 4, 2015State of Ohio Receives $11.9 Million to Expand Affordable Housing Options to Ohioans with Disabilities and Extremely Low Income
- HFA NewsFebruary 27, 2015
- HFA NewsFebruary 24, 2015
Multifamily Development Assisted with Federal Sandy Recovery Funds, Provides 64 Housing Units for Working Families and Individuals with Special Needs
- Blog PostFebruary 27, 2015
On February 26, House Ways and Means Committee members Pat Tiberi (R-OH) and Richard Neal (D-MA) introduced H.R. 1142, which would permanently establish the 9 percent and 4 percent acquisition Housing Credit rate floors. The bill, which is essentially identical to legislation Tiberi and Neal introduced in the last Congress, already has bipartisan support. Of the 18 original cosponsors, including the bill’s lead sponsors, nine are Republicans and nine are Democrats.
- Blog PostFebruary 27, 2015NCSHA Teams with Other Bond Supporters to Urge Finance Committee Working Group to Support Tax Exemption for Municipal Bonds
On February 26, NCSHA joined other members of the Municipal Bonds for America coalition in a letter to Community Development and Infrastructure Working Group co-chairmen, Senator Dean Heller (R-NV) and Senator Michael Bennett (D-CO), in support of the tax-exempt status of municipal bonds, including qualified private activity bonds.
- Blog PostFebruary 24, 2015
The MacArthur Foundation and the Urban Land Institute (ULI) recently launched a new online resource designed to explore the links between quality affordable housing and tangible social benefits, including public health, educational performance, and economic stability. The digital platform is intended to provide a user-friendly resource portal combining interdisciplinary research papers, reports, news, and original stories in a way that informs and promotes action for affordable housing.