About the HOME Coalition
The HOME Coalition works to increase awareness about the HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME), its importance to the development and provision of affordable housing, and the need for funding.
HOME provides grants to state and local governments to produce affordable housing for low-income families. Since 1990, over 1.27 million units of housing have been produced with HOME funds. HOME funds have helped an additional more than 337,000 families through tenant-based rental assistance.
HOME funds are a vital and unique source of financing for numerous affordable housing developments—many of which would not be possible without HOME assistance. HOME uniquely empowers states and localities to respond to the housing needs they judge most pressing, including affordable housing production and rehabilitation, preservation, rental and homeownership assistance, and disaster recovery response.
- Urge Your Members of Congress to Support HOME in FY 2019 Appropriations
- Learn About HOME’s Impact in Your State
- Sign up for the new HOME Action Alert Serve
FY 2019 HOME Advocacy Materials
- HOME Factsheet
- HOME Allocation by State 2011-2017
- HOME Use with LIHTC 2010-2017
- NCSHA’s FY 2019 Budget Chart
Recent Letters and Statements in Support of HOME
- HOME Coalition National FY 2019 Sign-On Letter
- Senate Dear Colleague on FY 2019 HOME Funding
- House Dear Colleague on FY 2019 HOME Funding
- (Please note this letter written before FY 2018 appropriations work was finalized)
- Home Coalition Thank You to THUD Leadership on FY 2018 Funding