Kentucky’s Affordable Housing Trust Fund Advisory Committee to Meet
FRANKFORT, KY — The Commonwealth of Kentucky’s Affordable Housing Trust Fund Advisory Committee will hold a regularly scheduled meeting at 10:30 a.m. ET, on Tuesday, October 24, 2017, at Kentucky Housing Corporation, 1047 US Highway 127S, Conference Room 1, Frankfort. An agenda for this meeting is below.
The Affordable Housing Trust Fund was established by the 1992 Kentucky General Assembly to address the critical housing needs of very low-income Kentuckians, including the mentally and physically disabled and those on the verge of homelessness. The fund supports projects that assist persons at or below 60 percent of the area median income, with a preference to help persons at or below 30 percent of the area median income. Kentucky Housing Corporation created an advisory committee for the Affordable Housing Trust Fund in 1992. Committee members represent diverse housing organizations with varying terms and are appointed by the chairman of the Kentucky Housing Corporation Board of Directors. The members consult and advise officers and directors of Kentucky Housing Corporation concerning matters relating to the Affordable Housing Trust Fund.
The press and public are invited to attend this meeting. Individuals requiring special accommodations to attend this meeting should contact Cindy Cannon in advance by calling toll-free (800) 633-8896 or (502) 564-7630, extension 230; TTY 711; or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
I. Welcome and Call to Order (Scott McReynolds, Vice Chair)
A. Confirmation of a Quorum
B. Confirmation of Press Release
II. Consideration/Approval of Minutes of April 25, 2017 (Vice Chair McReynolds)
III. Acknowledgement of Scott McReynolds, AHTF Service (Lisa Beran)
– Discussion on New Member Recommendations
– Nominations and Election of Vice Chair
Recommendations for membership:
– Category 2: The Homeless and Housing Coalition of Kentucky, builders or nonprofit housing organizations, support services providers, homeless persons and very low-income tenants.
IV. Review Financial Reports (Lisa Beran)
– 2017 Annual Report to Legislative Research Commission (Becky Hillis)
– Financials as of 6/30/17 (Becky Hillis)
– Financials as of 9/30/17 (1st Quarter) (Becky Hillis)
V. Announcements (Vice Chair McReynolds)
– Corporate Allocation Plan FY 2018 (Lisa Beran)
– 2018-2019 State Qualified Allocation Plan for Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program (Tracy Thurston)
– Update on Housing Contract Administration Policies (Davey King)
– Update on Aging In Place Initiative (Davey King)
VI. 2018 Meeting Dates
– April 24, 2018 and October 23, 2018
VII. Closing Comments — Overview of Summits (Lisa Beran/Amy Smith)
VIII. Adjournment (Motion) (Vice Chair McReynolds)
About Kentucky Housing Corporation
Kentucky Housing Corporation, the state housing finance agency, was created by the 1972 General Assembly to provide affordable housing opportunities. As a self-supporting, public corporation, Kentucky Housing offers lower-than-market rate home mortgages, housing production financing, homeownership education/counseling, rental assistance, housing rehabilitation and supportive housing programs for special needs populations.
Kentucky Housing Corporation prohibits discrimination based on race; color; religion; sex; national origin; sexual orientation; gender identity; ancestry; age; genetic information; disability; or marital, familial, or veteran status.
Charla Jackson Peter
(502) 564-7630, ext. 454