About the Conference
The HFA Institute will take place as scheduled. In the event any scheduled speakers from federal agencies are unable to participate due to the federal government shutdown, NCSHA will arrange for other knowledgeable experts to speak.
The Institute’s four program-specific conferences will strengthen your understanding of program fundamentals and advanced techniques for administering the Low Income Housing Tax Credit; the HOME Investment Partnerships program; Mortgage Revenue Bonds, Federal Housing Administration and rural housing mortgage insurance; and HUD’s Performance-Based Section 8 Contract Administration initiative.
These premier training events provide an unprecedented chance to network with your peers and receive top-notch education and invaluable advice from key federal officials, leading trainers and consultants, noted industry professionals, and experienced HFA practitioners. Sessions will cover program basics, legislative and regulatory updates, industry perspectives, and solutions to the latest program administration challenges. The conference will also feature great networking events and roundtables open exclusively to HFA staff. It’s a one-of-a-kind opportunity for high-quality, in-depth instruction on these essential HFA programs.
HOME and Housing Trust Fund Module | January 13 – 15
- Interactive sessions with HUD officials and expert trainers
- FY 2019 funding status and outlook
- Guidance and strategies for administering HOME and Housing Trust Fund
- Preparing for the final Housing Trust Fund Rule and other new regulations
Housing Credit Module | January 15 – 17
- Regulatory briefings with senior IRS and HUD officials
- Income averaging implementation and best practices
- Preservation, Opportunity Zones, and other QAP initiatives
- Resyndications, fair housing, and other compliance hot topics
MRBs and Other Federal Homeownership Programs Module | January 16 – 18
- The latest on FHA’s down payment assistance policies
- Program updates from HUD, USDA, Ginnie Mae, and VA leaders
- Guidance on federal bond and mortgage lending regulations
- Talks with top servicing officials from the GSEs and federal agencies
Section 8 and Other Federally Assisted Multifamily Housing Module | January 16 – 18
- HUD’s plans for Section 8 Performance-Based Contract Administration
- Troubleshooting procurement particulars
- Policy and program discussions with HUD and USDA officials
- Key issues in multifamily financing, asset management, and preservation
The HFA Institute is held in the nation’s capital each year to allow maximum participation by federal policy makers and regulators.