RIHousing Recognizes Top-Performing Partners
Following record-breaking year, lender and realtor partners honored
PROVIDENCE, RI – After a record-breaking year in mortgage lending, RIHousing honored its top-producing lender and realtor partners at its annual Spring Homebuying Breakfast hosted for 350 industry members. Working with 41 lender partners and hundreds of realtors throughout Rhode Island, the corporation helped over 2,100 Rhode Islanders purchase a home in 2018.
Awards were presented to HarborOne Mortgage (formerly Coastway Community Bank in Rhode Island) as the agency’s Participating Lender of the Year. In 2018, HarborOne Mortgage funded more than $55 million in mortgage loans for 291 homes through RIHousing’s homeownership programs.
“We couldn’t do the work we do without the support, talent and reach of our Participating Lenders,” said Peter Pagonis, Director of Homeownership at RIHousing. “In 2018, these partners accounted for almost 90% of our mortgage originations.”
Strong relationships with lender and realtor partners helped RIHousing increase loan production and close 2018 with the highest mortgage volume in the agency’s 45+ year history. The milestone follows double-digit annual increases in loan origination since 2015.
“HarborOne Mortgage is proud to be RIHousing’s top participating lender for the fifth year in a row,” said Suzanne Fry, HarborOne’s Vice President – Regional Manager. “Like RIHousing, for decades we have been helping families with their financial decisions and we are committed to offering the best financial opportunities for our customers.”
In addition to celebrating its partnership with HarborOne Mortgage, RIHousing also recognized the following for their contributions:
- FirstHomes Tax Credit Lender of the Year: HarborOne Mortgage
- FirstHomes Tax Credit Loan Officers of the Year: Stephen Tetzner, Homestar Mortgage and Michelle Proia, HarborOne Mortgage
Top Producing Loan Officers:
- David Campagnone, formerly of HarborOne Mortgage, presently with Main Street Home Loans (Gold Partner)
- Ashley Borden, Residential Mortgage Services (Silver Partner)
- Karen Xavier-DaCunha, HarborOne Mortgage and Michael Nadeau, First Home Mortgage Corporation (Bronze Partners)
- Realtor of the Quarter: Tom Dodd, Premier Homes Realty, LLC (tied for Q1 and Q2)
- Realtor of the Year: Kyle Seyboth, The Seyboth Team, Keller Williams Realty (all 4 quarters)
- RIHousing Loan Center Originator of the Year: Rob Rocchio, RIHousing
“Top producing loan officers stand out in a current sales force of over 275 active loan officers using RIHousing programs,” noted Pagonis.
The realtor awards recognize those who provide the highest number of first-time homebuyers with mortgages through the RIHousing Loan Center.
“We value all of our partners and know we would not be able to assist as many fellow Rhode Islanders in the purchase of a home without them,” said Pagonis. “With them, our reach goes well beyond our Loan Center in downtown Providence to communities across the state.”
RIHousing offers an extensive line of loan options for first-time homebuyers, current homeowners and Rhode Islanders looking to improve their homes. Since 1973, RIHousing has helped approximately 72,000 Rhode Islanders purchase a home. RIHousing loans are available through the RIHousing Loan Center and a network of participating lenders across the state.