Maryland Mortgage Program Recognizes Top Lender and Realtor Partners
NEW CARROLLTON, MD (April 16, 2021) – The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development today announced the top performing lender and realtor partners of the Maryland Mortgage Program during a virtual awards event. The department recognized industry partners for their exemplary performance and celebrated the continued partnership of these housing industry professionals despite the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic. For the second year in a row, the Maryland Mortgage Program surpassed $1 billion in loan reservations. This achievement is a testament to both the department and its partners’ ability to adapt to changes in the industry resulting from the new safety measures related to the pandemic, including innovative approaches to showing houses, homebuyer education, loan application intake and processing, and new closing procedures.
The Maryland Mortgage Program provides fixed-rate mortgages that feature down payment and closing cost assistance, tax incentives, and student debt relief through the popular Maryland SmartBuy initiative. Under Governor Larry Hogan’s leadership, the program has provided more than $4.1 billion in mortgages, more than $98.5 million in down payment assistance, and more than $20.2 million in student debt relief over the course of his administration. This year alone, 4,383 Maryland individuals and families purchased a home through the program.
“Homeownership is the backbone to building strong communities in Maryland,” said Secretary Kenneth C. Holt. “The Maryland Mortgage Program offers crucial assistance to homebuyers facing barriers to purchasing a home, enabling them to secure a sustainable mortgage and helping them create generational wealth for their family.”
The Maryland Mortgage Program 2020 Top Performers are:
- Top producing loan officer: Ryan Paquin
- Top producing realtor: James Archie
- Top producing lender: First Home Mortgage Corporation
- Gold-tier lenders: Primary Residential Mortgage, Inc.; NFM, Inc. dba NFM Lending / Main Street Loans; PrimeLending, A PlainsCapital Company; FitzGerald Financial, A Division of TowneBank Mortgage; and Meridian Bank
- Silver-tier lenders: Direct Mortgage Loans; George Mason Mortgage; Prosperity Home Mortgage, LLC; Homeside Financial; C&F Mortgage Corporation; NVR Mortgage; Academy Mortgage Corporation; First Heritage Mortgage, LLC; Fairway Independent Mortgage; Caliber Home Loans; Waterstone Mortgage Corporation; Sandy Spring Bank; Presidential Bank; Southern Trust Mortgage; Ameris Bank; WesBanco Bank
- Rising Star: McLean Mortgage
For more information about the Maryland Mortgage Program, visit mmp.maryland.gov.
Sara Luell, Director of Public Information