Congressional Leaders Announce Changes to Key Committee Rosters
In the wake of recent elections and resignations, House and Senate leaders have appointed new members to several congressional committees. An updated set of these key congressional committee rosters can be found here.
Below are highlights of the changes.
House Financial Services Committee
- The House Financial Services Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Entities has been renamed the Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Securities, and Investment.
- Representative Stephen Lynch (D-MA) no longer serves on the Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance. He has joined the Subcommittee on Capital Markets, Securities, and Investment.
- Representative Vincente Gonzalez (D-TX) has joined the Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance.
Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee
- Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS) has joined the Committee.
- Newly-elected Senator Doug Jones (D-AL) has joined the Committee.
Senate Finance Committee
- Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) has joined the Committee.
House Ways and Means Committee
- Representative Pat Tiberi (R-OH) resigned from Congress and left the Committee January 15, 2018.
- Representative Darin LaHood (R-IL) has joined the Committee.
The committee rosters linked above and on NCSHA’s website also show which members have indicated that this will be their last term in their current office. We will continue to update our rosters as additional changes are announced.
Please keep these changes in mind when arranging meetings with your members of Congress during NCSHA’s March 5-7 Legislative Conference.