- May 24, 2018by Greg ZagorskiThe Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) will soon propose capital requirements for the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, FHFA Director Mel Watt told the Senate Banking Committee during a May 23 hearing.
- May 24, 2018by Althea ArnoldOn May 22, the House Committee on Financial Services advanced the Housing Choice Voucher Mobility Demonstration Act of 2018, HR 5793, and the Transitional Housing for Recovery in Viable Environments Demonstration Program (THRIVE) Act, HR 5735.
- May 24, 2018by Althea ArnoldOn May 23, the House Appropriations Committee approved the Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Transportation, Housing, and Urban Development (THUD) funding bill, which provides $44 billion in total net discretionary spending for HUD programs.
- May 23, 2018by Greg ZagorskiThe Senate today voted to confirm Brian Montgomery’s nomination to serve as Commissioner of the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and HUD Assistant Secretary for Housing.
- May 23, 2018by Greg ZagorskiThe U.S. House of Representatives on May 22 passed legislation, the “Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act” (S. 2155), that amends federal banking law and financial regulations.