- September 20, 2018by Greg ZagorskiPrivate activity bond (PAB) issuance increased at least nine percent from 2016 to 2017, according to the Council of Development Finance Agencies’ (CDFA) latest Annual Volume Cap Report for 2018.
- September 19, 2018by Greg ZagorskiRepresentative Tim Ryan (D-OH) recently introduced legislation, the “Clean Up Our Neighborhoods Act” (H.R. 6792), that would provide federal funding to support blight elimination and neighborhood redevelopment activities in low-income communities.
- September 18, 2018by Glenn GalloIvory Homes, the largest homebuilder in Utah, Tuesday announced it is holding a national contest to reward innovators who are working to alleviate the affordable housing crisis. The Ivory Prize in Housing Affordability will recognize solutions to the affordability crunch that are the most “ambitious, scalable, and innovative.”
- September 18, 2018by Jennifer SchwartzGAO Housing Credit Development Cost Study Illustrates State Efforts to Ensure Reasonable Costs and Recommends Additional Data CollectionToday, the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) published its long-awaited report on Low Income Housing Tax Credit (Housing Credit) development costs, “Low-Income Housing Tax Credit: Improved Data and Oversight Would Strengthen Cost Assessment and Fraud Risk Management.”
- September 13, 2018by Greg ZagorskiThe Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) September 12 released a proposed rule that would mandate that the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac work to align their policies and procedures that could impact the prepayment speeds of their mortgage-backed securities (MBS) in the to-be-announced market (TBA).