- April 20, 2018by Althea ArnoldOn April 18, HUD Secretary Ben Carson testified at a Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing, and Urban Development (THUD) hearing and responded to questions regarding the agency’s Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Budget, recent legislative proposals, the President’s recent Executive Order on work requirements, and concerns about fair housing enforcement at HUD.
- April 20, 2018by Althea ArnoldRecent Congressional Hearings Focus on Housing Choice Voucher Program Funding and Legislative ProposalsOn April 17, two House Subcommittees held hearings focused on HUD’s Housing Choice Voucher (voucher) program. The House Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing, and Urban Development (THUD) followed-up on its earlier Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Budget hearing to dive deeper into the Administration’s proposals for vouchers and other programs under HUD’s Office of Public and Indian Housing (PIH) purview.
- April 18, 2018by Greg ZagorskiTop federal banking regulators recently expressed support for modernizing Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) regulations.
- April 13, 2018by Jennifer SchwartzIRS issued Rev. Proc 2018-22, modifying the 2018 Housing Credit per capita and small state minimum volume cap amounts to reflect the increase in authority we achieved as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018 (omnibus spending bill).
- April 12, 2018by Glenn GalloConsumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Acting Director Mick Mulvaney this week appeared before the House Financial Services Committee and the Senate Banking Committee to discuss the Bureau’s Semi-Annual Report to Congress.