- June 18, 2018by Glenn GalloThe White House Saturday June 16 confirmed its intention to nominate Kathy Kraninger to become the director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
- June 14, 2018by Greg ZagorskiThe Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) June 12 proposed new capital requirements for the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- June 11, 2018by Khloe GreenwoodOn June 8, the Bipartisan Policy Center held an event, “Healthy Homes Equal Healthier Lives: A Discussion with HUD Secretary Ben Carson,” to discuss the correlation between health and housing.
- June 8, 2018by Khloe GreenwoodOn June 6, the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance held a hearing, “Legislative Review of H.R. 1511, the “Homeless Children and Youth Act of 2017,” introduced by Representative Steve Stivers (R-OH) and Representative David Loebsack (D-IA).
- June 8, 2018by Althea ArnoldSenate Appropriations Committee Approves FY 2019 THUD Bill Sustaining Increased Funding for Most Housing ProgramsOn June 7, the Senate Appropriations Committee unanimously approved the Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Transportation, Housing and Urban Development (THUD) funding bill, which provides $44.5 billion in total net discretionary spending for HUD programs, a four percent increase over FY 2018 levels.