- July 11, 2018by Katelynn HarrisChildren’s HealthWatch Study Finds Avoidable Health and Education Costs Incurred Due to Unstable HousingChildren’s HealthWatch, a nonpartisan network of pediatricians, public health researchers, children’s health and policy experts, finds that good health begins at home, not at a doctor’s office.
- July 5, 2018by Greg ZagorskiThe U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) July 3 issued a Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for its Housing Counseling Grant program for fiscal year (FY) 2018.
- June 29, 2018by Khloe GreenwoodOn June 27, the House Financial Services Committee held a hearing titled, “Oversight of the Department of Housing and Urban Development,” in which HUD Secretary Ben Carson testified and responded to questions regarding the status and funding for HUD programs.
- June 28, 2018by Greg ZagorskiThe Trump Administration last week released a comprehensive plan for reorganizing the executive agencies of the federal government. It includes several provisions impacting federal housing and community development programs.
- June 26, 2018by Katelynn HarrisHUD Seeks Comments on Potential Changes to its Final Rule on Fair Housing Act Disparate Impact StandardOn June 20, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) published an advanced notice of proposed rulemaking (proposed rule) inviting comments on HUD’s 2013 Implementation of the Fair Housing Act’s Discriminatory Effects Standard final rule (disparate impact rule) as it seeks to determine what changes to the rule, if any, may be needed to reflect the outcome of the 2015 Supreme Court decision in Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs v. Inclusive Communities Project, Inc.