- October 10, 2018by Greg ZagorskiHUD announced today the recipients of $47 million in Housing Counseling program grants for fiscal year (FY) 2018. HUD’s announcement says the funding will go to 255 different housing counseling agencies, including 17 state HFAs, who combined will receive just over $9 million in grants.
- October 3, 2018by Greg ZagorskiFHFA Seeks Input on Modifications to Fannie Duty-to-Serve Plan, Including Increased Housing Credit InvestmentsThe Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) today released a Request for Input (RFI) seeking public input on several changes Fannie Mae has proposed to its Underserved Markets Plan for years 2018-2020.
- September 26, 2018by Greg ZagorskiSenator Warren Introduces Expansive Affordable Housing Bill; Would Authorize New Money for Housing Trust Fund, New HFA Grant ProgramSenate Banking Committee member Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) introduced today legislation, the American Housing and Economic Mobility Act, to authorize $500 billion for affordable housing programs over the next 10 years.
- September 20, 2018by Greg ZagorskiPrivate activity bond (PAB) issuance increased at least nine percent from 2016 to 2017, according to the Council of Development Finance Agencies’ (CDFA) latest Annual Volume Cap Report for 2018.
- September 19, 2018by Greg ZagorskiRepresentative Tim Ryan (D-OH) recently introduced legislation, the “Clean Up Our Neighborhoods Act” (H.R. 6792), that would provide federal funding to support blight elimination and neighborhood redevelopment activities in low-income communities.