- May 23, 2018by Greg ZagorskiThe U.S. House of Representatives on May 22 passed legislation, the “Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act” (S. 2155), that amends federal banking law and financial regulations.
- May 22, 2018by Greg ZagorskiSingle-family loans originated through state HFA programs perform substantially better than similar loans to low- and moderate-income (LMI) borrowers, according to a working paper published yesterday by Fannie Mae.
- May 18, 2018by Khloe GreenwoodOn May 17, the House Financial Services Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance held a hearing titled, “An Overview of Homelessness in America,” to examine homelessness and federal, state, and local efforts to reduce it.
- May 18, 2018by Katelynn HarrisOn May 17, the congressional Joint Economic Committee (JEC) held a hearing to consider the potential positive impacts that Opportunity Zones tax incentives, enacted in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, could have for low-income communities.
- May 17, 2018by Althea ArnoldOn May 16, House Financial Services Housing and Insurance Subcommittee Chairman Sean Duffy (R-WI) and Ranking Member Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO) introduced the Housing Choice Voucher Mobility Demonstration Act of 2018, HR 5793.