- April 18, 2018by Greg ZagorskiTop federal banking regulators recently expressed support for modernizing Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) regulations.
- April 13, 2018by Jennifer SchwartzIRS issued Rev. Proc 2018-22, modifying the 2018 Housing Credit per capita and small state minimum volume cap amounts to reflect the increase in authority we achieved as part of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018 (omnibus spending bill).
- April 12, 2018by Glenn GalloConsumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Acting Director Mick Mulvaney this week appeared before the House Financial Services Committee and the Senate Banking Committee to discuss the Bureau’s Semi-Annual Report to Congress.
- April 12, 2018by Jim TassosNCSHA sent comments to the IRS on how it can improve its Low Income Housing Tax Credit (Housing Credit) disaster relief guidance provided in Revenue Procedures 2014-49 and 2014-50. NCSHA’s letter is in response to IRS’s request for comments in Notice 2018-17, which also provided additional guidance on Housing Credit disaster relief specific to Puerto Rico’s recovery from Hurricane Maria.
- April 11, 2018by Althea ArnoldOn April 10, President Trump signed an Executive Order titled “Reducing Poverty in America by Promoting Opportunity and Economic Mobility,” ordering several federal agencies, including HUD, to review their public assistance programs and propose new policies and regulations to enhance self-sufficiency and economic mobility.