Job Number: 21-015
Deadline: November 19, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Location: Lexington County, South Carolina
Please Note: This is a Time Limited Equivalent (TLE) position with annual/sick leave accrual, paid holidays, and insurance/retirement benefits.
The South Carolina State Housing Finance and Development Authority (Authority) serves as the Project-Based Section 8 Contract Administrator on behalf of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) under a Performance-Based Annual Contributions Contract. The Authority contracts with 258 properties to provide rental assistance subsidy to approximately 18,000 extremely-low and very-low income families throughout the State of South Carolina. The Authority’s responsibilities include ensuring that owners and their properties comply with the terms of a Housing Assistance Payments Contract and associated HUD regulatory guidance.
This position provides the opportunity to learn about and/or apply an extensive knowledge and understanding of the regulatory requirements associated with the administration of HUDs Project-Based Rental Assistance program and the associated compliance requirements. There will also be opportunities to learn other duties and responsibilities associated with the Authority’s contractual responsibilities under the Performance-Based Annual Contributions Contract.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Director
Essential duties and responsibilities associated with this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Reviewing, correcting and processing monthly housing assistance payments requisitions from property owners/agents to ensure that proper payments are made each month.
- Reviewing, correcting and processing Section 8 special claims.
- Processing and sending monthly Tenant Rental Assistance Certification System (TRACS) error messages and discrepancy messages to owners/agents.
- Ensuring that all assigned properties maintain an acceptable TRACS compliance percentage.
- Ensuring Housing Assistance Payment Contracts are administered consistently and subsidies are calculated and paid correctly.
- Providing regulatory oversight to enforce owner contractual obligations.
- Providing training and technical assistance to staff, owners/agents and other industry partners related to all aspects of the Voucher process.
The Palmetto State offers something for everyone. Located in the Midlands, Columbia is both the state capital and South Carolina’s second-largest city. It is just a short commute to the state’s beautiful beaches and gorgeous mountains. Sunny summers and mild winters allow residents to experience the outdoors year-round, a plus considering that Lake Murray is just minutes away. Great universities and colleges, minimal commute times and friendly people make South Carolina the ideal place to build your future.
The South Carolina State Housing Finance & Development Authority offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE positions that includes:
- Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs
For more information and to apply online, please visit: