Supportive Housing Production Manager
Who may apply:
This position is open to bidders and qualified internal or external candidates simultaneously. This vacancy will be filled in accordance with contract provisions. Eligible bidders will be considered prior to filling the position via other means.
Eligibility to Bid:
MAPE: You must be in the same job class as this posting, be a permanent classified employee, and not on probation. It does not matter what department you are in as long as you meet the other requirements.
POSTING DATE: January 9, 2019
EXPIRATION DATE: January 23, 2019
SUPERVISOR: Joel Salzer
JOB CLASS: Housing Development Officer Intermediate
EMPLOYMENT CONDITION: Full-time, unlimited, classified
Minnesota Housing is hiring! We’re a mission-focused financial and grant making institution with a specific agency priority to end homelessness. Our Housing Stability Team (HST) is looking to hire a skilled and committed team member to help us achieve that priority.
Essential Job Duties
- Review, score and author supportive housing selection recommendations on capital funding requests for developments that include supportive housing units.
- Collaborate with internal staff team (underwriter, loan processor, architect and asset manager), selected developers and their service partner to collect, review, negotiate and approve the required supportive housing due diligence items.
- Provide supportive housing technical assistance to developers not selected for funding and developers contemplating submitting a future funding application.
- Coordinate and participate in meetings with asset management to review, monitor and problem solve for existing developments within the portfolio that have supportive housing units.
- Collect, analyze and prepare key supportive housing performance data to share with Supportive Housing Team Lead and other key staff.
- Actively participate in Supportive Housing Team meetings to prepare for future funding applications, discuss current technical assistance requests, share learned lessons to continuously improve performance, etc.
- Serve as an Interagency Council on Homelessness representative to Continuums of Care and/or Family Homeless Prevention and Assistance Program Advisory Councils.
- Participate in appropriate community-based planning meetings and/or committees.
- Bachelor’s degree in policy, housing, social work or related field (one year of experience in Multifamily supportive housing programs may substitute for degree).
- Driver’s license and the ability to drive 5% of the time to partner meetings or site visits.
- 3 years of demonstrated experience managing Multifamily Supportive Housing Programs.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local homeless and supportive housing programs, funding resources, policy trends and evidence based practices, etc.
- Understanding of how the development owner, the property manager and the service provider intersect to create supportive housing with a goal of tenant stability and improved quality of life.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, and develop strong working relationships with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to comprehend and communicate complex information in plain language.
- Demonstrated strong organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in supportive housing or homeless services as a direct service provider or in a program management role.
- Experience with supportive housing operating budgets and financials.
- Experience with the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Experience with data management and analysis.
Annual Salary Range: $47,857 – $70,199
This position requires successful completion of the following:
- Reference Checks.
- Criminal Background Checks.
- Driver’s license check.
- Requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as file folders, ledgers, and small tools. A certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties.
External candidates should click here to apply or copy and paste this text into your browser: https://careers.mn.gov/psp/hcm92apc/MNCAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1001&JobOpeningId=29159&PostingSeq=1&languageCd=ENG
Internal candidates should go to Employee Self Service > Careers and search for Job ID 29159
Why Choose Minnesota Housing?
Our culture consists of passionate, mission-driven employees focused on delivering the best programs possible to help Minnesotans access safe, affordable housing. We invest in our employees’ futures by providing a variety of professional development opportunities. We’re committed to providing employees with work-life balance by offering many work schedule options, flexible schedules and limited overtime. That’s why our average employee tenure is 11 years.
At Minnesota Housing, we know that affordable housing is an essential part of Minnesota’s infrastructure. When you work here, you’re helping to build stronger communities. We also have a national reputation as one of the finest housing finance agencies in the country.
Our top notch benefits include extremely inexpensive health insurance for employees and dependents, generous vacation and sick leave plans, eleven holidays per year, and tuition assistance. We offer a defined benefit pension plan with a guaranteed, life-long benefit based on tenure plus pre-tax and ROTH options to supplement the pension. For more information, visit our website at www.mnhousing.gov.
Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer
This information can be made available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling (651) 259.3637 or (651) 282.2699 (TTY).