Senior Assistant Contract Administrator
Build a career while building a better community. Rewarding careers in Public Service start here!
Location: New York City
Salary: $83,240.00 to $90,000.00 /year
New York State Homes and Community Renewal (HCR) fosters the creation and preservation of high quality affordable housing, while working strategically to revitalize neighborhoods and communities throughout the Empire State. Under the leadership of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and Commissioner RuthAnne Visnauskas, HCR is a vibrant, innovative agency that integrates and leverages New York State’s housing resources. We have offices in New York City, Albany, Buffalo and Syracuse, and employ a diverse workforce of professionals who are hard-working and committed to serving low and moderate income families. Our mission is far reaching, encompassing single and multifamily housing finance, home improvement, rent regulation, housing subsidies, and community development. We partner regularly with a variety of public and private stakeholders.
Achieving this mission requires a wide range of skills and backgrounds in public policy, administration, real estate, architecture, finance, law and many other areas of expertise. We seek to provide a workplace environment that is productive, flexible, accountable, ethical and caring. Our employees are empowered to make a difference where they live and work. We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including paid leave, health, dental, vision, retirement and family-friendly policies.
The Senior Assistant Contract Administrator will be responsible for assisting the Vice President of Contracts and Administration with all matters relating to the procurements and contracts of professional services including, but not limited to, management duties.
- Draft Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Bids, including developing high-level business requirements for RFPs and RFBs through independent research and by eliciting requirements from key stakeholders
- Create evaluation/scoring sheets for RFPs and RFBs; tabulate scoring results
- Effectively manage the entire procurement process from the initial request for the procurement through execution of contract award
- Effectively manage communication, both orally and in writing, with agency staff and vendors, and other outside parties
- Create and maintain accurate procurement record
- Draft contracts and amendments, sole and single source justification memoranda, board material, etc.
- Review and analyze procurement contract reports, including MWBE and SDVOB reports, etc.;
- Troubleshoot assistance for problem resolutions relating to procurements, contracts and management of staff;
- Assist with matters relating to minority and women owned business enterprises and service disabled veteran owned businesses;
- Assist in updating policies, procedures, guidelines, best practices, etc.
- Learn, understand and utilize the agencies’ databases (SAP, ProLink, SFS, etc.)
- Learn, understand and follow the Agencies’ procurement and contract policies/procedures
- Learn, understand and follow State procurement and contract statutes
- Problem solve to resolve complex and difficult complaints and conflicts regarding contracts and reports
- Thoroughly understand the different procurement vehicles and the associated processes
- Perform analysis in detecting trends in procurement and contract matters
- Perform general research;
- Maintain procurement and contract databases
- Management of Contract Staff
- Assist in other procurement and contract matters in the Unit, as directed
- Excellent organizational and demonstrated analytical skills.
- Effective communication and documentation skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization up to and including executives
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent leadership skills, taking charge of each assigned project
- Decision making and planning skills
- Ability to utilize available resources to problem solve
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and outside parties.
- Excellent word processing, Excel spreadsheet and other computer skills such as PowerPoint.
- Ability to be discreet, precise and good facility in making distinctions.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Ability to generate worthwhile new ideas or techniques having practical applications.
- Must be able to handle confidential information appropriately and to exercise care in safeguarding proprietary information.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibility and to acquire additional expertise through training, experience and education.
- Good attendance and punctuality.
- Excellent people management, time management and stress management skills
- Intellectual curiosity – consistently trying new methods
- Business acumen – willing to understand how the Agencies’ business operates and how talent drives it
- Analytics and problem solving – uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems and with effective solutions
- Comfortable with ambiguity – difference in policies/procedures among agencies. A positive attitude, flexibility and resilience facing multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Strong team leader and contributor, sharing ideas, knowledge and best practices
- Influencing skills – ability to quickly establish credibility and effectively manage others through influence
- Self-motivate, confident, and able to work effectively with little supervision; takes initiative, makes things happen, accepts accountability, and has a “can do” attitude
- A strong value system, excellent judgment, unquestioned integrity
- Ambitious, confident and professional
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred as well as relevant academic training or transferrable skills.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of three years of related experience preferred.Successful candidate must demonstrate ability to pay close attention to detail, have excellent oral andwritten communication skills and be able to effectively work independently, and with others.This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will be expected to perform otherreasonably related duties as assigned.
TO APPLY, please send resume and cover letter to: Jobopportunities@nyshcr.org
New York State is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)