Real Estate Industry Account Advisor
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS TUESDAY, MARCH 26, 2019 AT 11:59PM
Division: Industry and Governmental Affairs
Reports to: Assistant Director of Industry and Governmental Affairs
Location: East Tennessee
Salary Grade: 40
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $5,222
FLSA Classification: Exempt (03)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: In conjunction with the Real Estate Industry Account Manager, develops and maintains THDA’s real estate education and relationship-building initiatives in Tennessee, focusing on Realtor education and direct marketing to real estate offices and homebuilders; conducts training; participates in various real estate engagement activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Working in conjunction with the Real Estate Industry Account Manager, develops and manages a comprehensive real estate industry outreach and educational plan to encourage participation in the Great Choice mortgage loan program.
- Cultivates improved relations with existing real estate partners and develops new realtor participation.
- Works collaboratively with the Assistant Director, Mortgage Customer Account Managers and Loan Operations staff to develop and enhance the organization’s presence in the Tennessee real estate market through different mediums.
- Develops and implements means of developing realtor engagement pursuant to the specific needs of different areas of the state.
- Monitors realtor participation penetration at the state level, regional level and county level.
- Conducts realtor training throughout the state with real estate offices, both one-on-one and group training, as well as offering a four (4) hour continuing education credited course through Tennessee real estate associations.
- Remains current on real estate market changes and challenges to share with the Director of Industry and Governmental Affairs, Assistant Director, and the Chief Administrative Officer of Single Family Programs.
- Works with THDA staff to participate in trade shows and other association appearances.
- Effectively interacts with real estate agents and developers.
- Maintains a firm working knowledge of Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Administration (VA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) and Conventional financing.
- Participates in Lender/Realtor Appreciation events.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business administration, finance, economics, or related field.
- Three years of marketing or training experience, preferably in the real estate industry.
- Three years of experience in public and commercial loan practices, residential mortgage lending or other related fields; five or more years of experience preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Strong knowledge of residential loan originating, production and underwriting in the mortgage industry.
- Demonstrates strong sales ability and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively present information, both one-on-one and to groups of people.
- Ability to think critically, plan, and organize details in order to successfully carry out projects and coordinate events.
- Ability to work independently to meet specific targeted goals and production expectations.
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating complex situations.
- Ability to adjust to frequent procedural changes.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Frequent in-state and possible out-of-state travel, including overnight travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS