Policy and Process Specialist
Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA), one of the Nation’s preeminent Housing Finance Agencies and one of the State’s ten largest financial institutions, is currently seeking a Policy and Process Specialist to build upon their 50+ year leadership in housing finance.
This position is housed within the Asset Management department, which monitors long-term physical, financial, operational, and administrative compliance for IHDA-assisted developments. It reports to the Senior Advisor and does not supervise any positions.
- Works to streamline core functions and improve internal and external client experience through continual process improvement.
- Conducts research on regulatory requirements, industry standards, and best practices and disseminates findings/recommendations.
- Develops new and revised policies and procedures for internal and external audiences to reflect clear, consistent, timely, and compliant processes.
- Develops new and revised training for internal and external audiences to reflect clear, consistent, timely, and compliant processes
- Ensures consistency between written policies and procedures and training during both development and implementation.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Experience may be substituted for education at the discretion of the Asset Management department.
- Experience: At least 5 years’ progressively responsible experience with Federally-financed affordable multifamily rental housing required. While this position will interact with other subject matter experts in the department who will provide feedback on deliverables, this role requires a high level of existing subject matter expertise that will be deployed in the direct, initial development and implementation of policies, procedures, and training.
- Thorough knowledge of the following funding sources/programs desired: LIHTC, HOME, Section 8, Risk Share, Tax Exempt Bonds, and Illinois Affordable Housing Trust Fund.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Strong capacity to develop narrative and visual documents and document elements that are clear, appropriately concise, and modern required
- Valid Driver’s License: Required.
- Access to Personal Vehicle: Not required. May occasionally use an IHDA vehicle for training travel.
Excellent benefits package, including 401 (k); immediate vesting.
To apply, submit resume and to: