Operations Analyst Supervisor (Anchorage, AK)
Position Summary: Supervise and participate in the activities and duties of the Application Administrators within the Operations area of the IS Department.
Reports to: INFORMATION SYSTEMS OPERATIONS OFFICER
Work directly with users, customers and vendor to support the corporation’s major software applications.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED: Exempt, supervisory position.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Supervises the Application Administrators (Operations Analysts) with responsibilities including assigning and prioritizing work, writing performance evaluations, coaching, identifying training needs, scheduling/prioritizing daily work tasks and working within a ticketing application to ensure work is logged and completed within SLA targets.
- Develop & maintain a consistent, high quality, customer focused approach when interacting with AHFC’s business partners, clients & customers; other AHFC departments.
- Develop working knowledge of AHFC business practices & processes as well as understanding its goals as a corporation.
- Performs workflow analysis, process mapping and implementation.
- Creates and maintains documentation.
- Works with developers and end users in developing User Acceptance Testing documentation and procedures.
- Oversees and perform all application administration functions using a team approach with peer review & backup as a required component.
- Engage directly with vendors & employees to troubleshoot application & environment issues, develop documentation & apply upgrades/updates.
- Engage directly with development teams to create & modify reports as well as adjust interfaces.
- Develop subject matter expertise in the use of & administration of all of the major software applications used by the business units in the corporation.
- Perform operator/analyst duties for client-side devices such as VoIP phones.
- Perform operator/analyst duties for DR system(s).
- Perform administrative duties (for applications & environment) such as granting & revoking permissions based on requests that have been authorized.
- Participate in the department’s request, issue, event and change management processes.
- Assist with environment and general system health monitoring of multiple datacenters.
- Maintenance and general upkeep of the corporate intranet/internet sites.
- Maintenance and general upkeep of the IT Service Desk and Customer Service Application.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- ITIL & ITSM principles and best practices.
- Mainstream trends in technology such as virtualization of servers, networking and storage.
- Mainstream trends in technology dealing with Application Management, Operations, Security and Disaster Recovery.
- Basic DBMS terminology, usage and management.
- Disaster Recovery systems, trends, technologies, methods and tools.
- Banking functions including ACH, Payroll, Check Processing and Reporting.
- Strong knowledge of physical IT infrastructure (Servers, Storage, Network, UPS, Generator and Environmental Control).
- Formal change management policies and procedures.
- Administrative principles and practices of personnel management to include hiring, disciplinary actions, evaluating, and training of staff.
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service.
- Software/application licensing and compliance.
- Systems administration capabilities on modern Microsoft Windows Desktop, Server and Linux operating systems.
- Application administration including installations, patches, upgrades, conversions and connectivity to network resources and databases.
- Report generation.
- Intranet and Internet tools including content management suites, SSRS, PHP and MySQL.
- Microsoft Office suite applications including Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and Visio.
- Understand, identify, and plan for the business process impact of planned or existing system changes while ensuring that new technical requirements are properly integrated with business processes.
- Thrive in an environment where peer review is used to determine viability of a solution or process.
- Perform algorithm analysis against a business process or auditing requirement in search of rational efficiencies.
- Maintain documentation for a solution or process that is in sync with the needs of management, team members & end users.
- Effectively & consistently use an issue tracking system while organizing and prioritizing a constantly changing workload.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and continual interruption. Must be able to function with a high degree of independence within levels of delegated authority.
- Use independent judgment in the research and recommendation of solutions, techniques and tools before making appropriate recommendations to management, team members and end users.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with AHFC personnel, contractors, customers, consultants, suppliers and vendors. Interpersonal skills will be utilized on a daily basis through interaction with a diverse cross-section of people and organizations.
- Read & understand written material, interpret & apply rules. Must be able to write clearly and prepare documents as required by management, team members & end users.
- Continually learn, adapt, and apply new technology skills to stay current with emerging or existing IT archetypes.
- Work as needed. Long hours and/or weekend work may be required as necessary to support department goals and objectives. Must be able to travel as needed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field. Degree must be from an institution accredited by one of the six regional accreditation boards and or the AACSB:
- MSA – Middle States Association
- NASC – Northwest Association of Schools & Colleges
- NCA – North Central Association of Colleges & Schools
- NEASC – New England Association of Schools & Colleges
- SACS – Southern Association of Colleges & Schools
- WASC – Western Association of Schools & Colleges
- AACSB- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Position requires at least six (6) years full-time (35+ hr/week) work experience consistent with the KSAs of this job description within the last eight (8) years.
- At least two (2) years in a supervisory capacity which includes, hiring, disciplinary actions, employee evaluations, etc.
- Provide valid Alaska driver’s license and show proof of driving record in good standing from DMV when requested.
- Substitutions: Qualifying work experience may be substituted for required educational requirements on a year for year basis at the discretion of the hiring authority.
- International degrees can be evaluated at the discretion of the hiring authority.
This is a level 23 position with an annual salary of $82,850.28 (26 pay periods). Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and leave package.
All external applicants tentatively selected for this position shall be required to submit to urinalysis and breath alcohol testing to screen for illegal drug/alcohol use.
A complete job description and online the website at https://www.ahfc.us/about-us/jobs/all-job-seekers/. A new AHFC application must be submitted for each position (a resume may be attached).
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY AT WORKPLACE ALASKA
ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED ON AHFC’S WEBSITE WILL BE CONSIDERED
APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5:00 P.M., FEBRUARY 27, 2020
AHFC provides employment opportunities to low and very-low income persons, in compliance with Section 3 of the HUD Act of 1968. Public Housing Residents are encouraged to apply.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER