Multifamily Programs Development Coordinator
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 5, 2020 AT 11:59PM
Division: Multifamily Programs
Reports to: Director of Multifamily Programs
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 36
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $4,510
FLSA Classification: Exempt (03)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists in the development and administration of Multifamily Programs and the promotion, training and education of program initiatives; provides technical support to the Director of Multifamily Programs and Multifamily staff to include assistance with implementation and administration of the systems related to Multifamily Programs activities and statistical data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Assists the Director of Multifamily Programs with the administration of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) and Multifamily Tax-Exempt Bond Authority (MTBA) programs: processes federal reporting data and production reports; prepares regular status reports which track activities and performance; generates and distributes weekly production reports; assists with all LIHTC and MTBA reporting including the completion of quarterly and annual reports.
- Serves as a liaison among Multifamily Programs staff, the Multifamily Programs Business Analyst and THDA’s Information Technology staff for development, implementation and maintenance of the on-line application, administration and reporting system, THOMAS; prepares and reviews program designs with division staff to ensure compatibility with needs.
- Develops and administers business requirements for the LIHTC and MTBAs programs, meeting the requirements of Section 42, including the design of workflow and process flow diagrams.
- Maintains knowledge of industry products, processing procedures, multifamily underwriting and general guidelines to include changes and updates.
- Works closely with the Business Analyst to design, develop, execute and modify data reports for the division.
- Assists the division Director with the processes of discovery, creation and implementation of new programs as directed by the THDA Executive Director, Director of Multifamily Programs and/or the THDA Board of Directors.
- Evaluates and recommends enhancements to Multifamily programs.
- Provides data to the Research Department from programs administered by the Multifamily Programs division.
- Assists with some aspects of training new employees and existing staff members, program participants, and other THDA divisions.
- Represents THDA as necessary for program specific conferences, meetings, and panel participation.
- Assists in the creation of program guides and program participant training manuals.
- Provides technical expertise and guidance to Multifamily staff related to areas of responsibility.
- Offers support to other areas in the division as necessary or as time allows.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, marketing or related field and/or relevant post-high school certification preferred.
- Three years of experience in the housing credit industry, property management, asset management, or related areas.
- Possession of current Housing Credit Certified Professional Certificate is a plus.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of housing credits, Multi-Family Tax Exempt Bonds, and Uniform Physical Conditions Standards (UPCS) regulations, and property management or the ability to learn and apply these.
- Ability to read and interpret complex regulations, laws, agreements, and organization materials.
- Ability to effectively deal with complex issues and manage complex projects while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating complex situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated public speaking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Ability to handle private, personal information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to exercise good decision making when working independently.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills.
- Ability to adapt to frequent procedural changes.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with others in giving and obtaining information.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to obtain industry certifications through classes and trainings.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Occasional in-state and out-of-state travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS