Multifamily Finance Manager
Job Number: 21-020
Deadline: 02/04/2021 at 5:00 PM
Location: Lexington County, South Carolina
Are you a finance professional searching for a career through which you can make a meaningful difference? Do you desire both great benefits and work-life balance? Look no further! The SC State Housing Finance and Development Authority (SC Housing) is actively seeking a Multi-Family Finance Manager.
SC Housing is a forward-thinking organization that is committed to changing lives by creating safe, decent, and affordable housing opportunities that fulfill dreams and inspire hope in our citizens. We are transforming the housing industry in our state through cutting-edge programs and competitive financial products that make homeownership affordable and quality rental housing possible for many. Our staff energizes the work that we do, and helps find solutions that make a difference in the lives of others.
We are seeking change agents who want to use their talents to develop meaningful housing solutions that help individuals and communities to flourish. Our work culture supports creativity, innovation, teamwork, and problem-solving at all levels. If you are seeking to be a part of a progressive organization that will allow you to connect your passion for improving the lives of others to purpose, we invite you to join our team of energetic housing champions.
Responsibilities of the Multi-Family Finance Manager:
SC Housing’s Development Division administers a diverse portfolio of housing development programs across the state of South Carolina to include Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), HOME, SC Housing Trust Fund (SCHTF), National Housing Trust Fund (NHTF), and Multi-Family Tax Exempt Bonds programs. We are seeking an individual to plan and underwrite allocations our Development Division receives. Underwriting determines the fiscally responsibility as it relates to the complexity of financing multifamily housing. The Multi-Family Finance Manager will work closely with awarded entities to ensure projects are compliant, requirements are satisfied, and risks are identified.
In this position:
- You will utilize discretion and sound judgment while managing the design and implementation of appropriate procedures for all financial aspects of the Development Division’s programs.
- You will manage, direct, and conduct financial underwriting and technical analysis of applications for funding in all programs within the Development Division, performing a feasibility analysis to assist in determining funding awards.
- You will be responsible for the design and implementation of underwriting formats to provide analysis and historical data for all programs within the Development Division.
- You will coordinate with and maintain a flow of information between Department Managers and Division Directors.
- You will collaborate with team members to establish effective and efficient policies and procedures to ensure the programs’ success and use your analytical and interpersonal skills to communicate and build client relationships.
- You will be responsible for maintaining productive relationships and providing high quality technical assistance to external partners.
- You will contribute to program development and assist award recipients to develop successful strategies for completion of projects by the required deadlines.
Agency Minimum Qualifications*:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, accounting, finance or a related field of study.
- Five (5) years of full time experience in the administration of federal grants, housing subsidy programs, housing management, housing construction, housing finance, real estate, mortgage industry and/or other housing related field.
- Three (3) years of full-time program administration/management experience, which may run concurrently with professional experience.
* Candidates must specifically meet the Agency Minimum Requirements or an equivalent combination of education and experience to be considered for this position.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret laws, regulations policies and procedures relevant to grant or program management.
- Extensive computer skills with proficiency in all Microsoft products, ability to perform high level functions in MS Excel, such as spreadsheet design/layout and basic formulas and experience keying data accurately into existing databases.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department staff, coworkers, external partners and customers with wide ranges of grant experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to include the ability to write letters and other business related correspondence that are professional in appearance and content.
- Must possess strong analytical skills, be detail oriented and have the ability to maintain organized, accurate and updated files.
- Ability to work independently and communicate effectively with Program Participants and Authority staff.
- Ability to resolve conflicts quickly and professionally in order to produce a solution that all parties can agree to.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, and process time sensitive materials in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion to make sound decisions supported by facts.
Must be able to lift and carry files, books and reports weighing up to 20 lbs. Must be able to perform filing, desk work and operate general office equipment. Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged or intermittent periods of time while sharing, gathering or presenting information to other staff members or external parties. Employee must be able to perform these tasks with or without reasonable accommodations. SC Housing is committed to a diverse workforce and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, including pregnancy & childbirth (or related medical conditions), age, or disability.
The Palmetto State offers something for everyone. Located in the Midlands, Columbia is both the state capital and South Carolina’s second-largest city. It is just a short commute to the state’s beautiful beaches and gorgeous mountains. Sunny summers and mild winters allow residents to experience the outdoors year-round, a plus considering that Lake Murray is just minutes away. Great universities and colleges, minimal commute times and friendly people make South Carolina the ideal place to build your future.
The South Carolina State Housing Finance & Development Authority offers an exceptional benefits package that includes:
- Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs
- 401k and 457 plans
- Employee Assistance Program
For more information and to apply online, please visit: