Mortgage Loan Specialist
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2020 AT 11:59PM
Division: Single Family Loan Operations
Reports to: Director of Single Family Loan Operations
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 30
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,365
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides technical support to the Division with the mortgage backed security (MBS) execution for clean loan level data transmission; prepares and ships loan documentation to document custodian; works with both the underwriting and closing departments, depending on the work flow volume, in reviewing loan application documentation for compliance with the organization and guarantor/insurer regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Scans mortgage documents into the Loan Originating System (LOS) when completed by the Funding Manager.
- Communicates with post-closing staff and Originating Agents (OAs) for the delivery of the Uniform Loan Delivery Dataset (ULDD).
- Submits the ULDD to Freddie Mac within the Loan Quality Advisor (LQA) and Loan Selling Advisor (LSA) electronic systems.
- Works diligently with the OA and the Single Family Program Development Coordinator to clear any critical errors with LSA.
- Offers support to the Single Family Program Development Coordinator and Director in monitoring the MBS pipeline to identify timing issues.
- Prepares and reviews collateral packages accurately; delivers to document custodian.
- Monitors collateral statuses in LSA, LOS and Document Custodian’s system to ensure all collateral is delivered within target purchase range.
- Monitors and responds to the SFAsk electronic mailbox.
- Enters pertinent data in the loan origination system.
- Maintains a high level of written and oral communication with OAs to ensure accurate and timely receipt of documentation.
- Maintains timely follow-up with the lenders for outstanding documentation or loan status.
- Provides excellent customer service in answering telephones (General Information Line) in a businesslike manner, giving general information to lenders and potential new OAs, answering basic questions from potential borrowers and transferring accurately, when needed, to the appropriate section within Single Family Loan Operations (SFLO); responds to messages on General Information Line.
- Offers support to other areas in the division, such as data entry or scanning, as necessary or as time allows.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Experience in the mortgage lending field; minimum of three years of experience is preferred.
- Recent employment in the mortgage banking field is preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of underwriting and compliance requirements for Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Administration (VA), United States Department of Agriculture/Rural Development (USDA/RD), Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC), Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA), and Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI).
- Knowledge of Loan Product Advisor and Loan Selling Advisor or the ability to learn and understand these quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating complex situations.
- Ability to adjust to frequent procedural change.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS