Mortgage Loan Post-Closing Coordinator
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2019 AT 11:59PM
Division: Single Family Loan Operations
Reports to: Director of Single Family Loan Operations
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 34
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $4,091
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Completes activities related to the post-closing of mortgage loans; serves as mentor/trainer for Closing Specialists and Mortgage Loan Closers; coordinates workflow of the organization’s closed mortgage loans, maintains and controls follow-up in a timely manner, and handles necessary correspondence to carry out such maintenance; works with Closing team to troubleshoot issues and resolve them within organizational procedures and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides support for Closing Specialist and Mortgage Loan Closer in areas of training and coaching.
- Provides support for Closing team to troubleshoot issues and resolve them within organizational procedures and applicable laws.
- Responsible for working with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to de-title manufactured homes, including following up with Originating Agents (OAs) to obtain necessary documentation.
- Reviews closed mortgage loan documentation to ensure the organization is in first lien position and meets insurer guidelines.
- Enters pertinent data into closed loan tracking system.
- Maintains high level of written and oral communication with Originating Agents (OAs) to ensure accurate and timely receipt of final documentation.
- Maintains performance standards set by management.
- Reviews results of “Closing Reports” and takes necessary steps to resolve identified issues.
- Runs, reviews and distributes Mortgage Electronic Registration Service (MERS) report to determine loan is active in the MERS system.
- Assists with error resolution.
- Works with Information Technology Division for enhancements and testing of Tennessee Housing Electronic Loan Mortgage Application (THELMA).
- Works with Servicing Division to resolve onboarding issues.
- Reports progress and problems to Director of Single Family Loan Operations or Closing Manager.
- Answers day-to-day questions pertaining to closed loan documents.
- Recommends development of policies, processes and procedures to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of post-closing.
- Offers support to other areas in the division as necessary or as time allows.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED; Bachelor degree and/or relevant post high school certification preferred.
- Two years of directly related experience.
- Five years of experience in the mortgage lending field, with at least four years of closing experience, preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Administration (VA), United States Department of Agriculture/Rural Housing Service (USDA/RHS), Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae), Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac), and Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) requirements.
- Good mortgage loan processing skills with knowledge of mortgage loan underwriting guidelines.
- Strong mortgage loan closing knowledge.
- Ability to work well with associates and the public.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating complex situations.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS