Media and Market Engagement Manager
Job Number: 20-024
Deadline: July 27, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Location: Lexington County, South Carolina
Hiring Range: $75,000 – $85,000
Are you a creative, out-of-the-box thinker searching for a career through which you can make a meaningful difference? Do you have a genuine desire to learn and explore innovative solutions for connecting with a diverse market? Do you want great benefits and work-life balance? Look no further! The SC State Housing Finance and Development Authority (SC Housing) is actively seeking a Media and Market Engagement Manager.
The Palmetto State offers something for everyone. Located in the Midlands, Columbia is both the state capital and South Carolina’s second-largest city. It is just a short commute to the state’s beautiful beaches and gorgeous mountains. Sunny summers and mild winters allow residents to experience the outdoors year-round, a plus considering that Lake Murray is just minutes away. Great universities and colleges, minimal commute times and friendly people make South Carolina the ideal place to build your future.
SC Housing is transforming the housing industry in our state through cutting-edge programs and competitive, market-based financial products that make homeownership affordable and quality rental housing possible for many. Our staff is excited about creating solutions that make a difference in the lives of others.
Responsibilities of the Media and Marketing Engagement Manager
The Media and Market Engagement Manager role is vital to ensuring that the public is kept up-to-date on the happenings of SC Housing. This position serves as the agency’s media relations officer and is the primary spokesperson on issues. The main objectives of this position are to support interactions with the general public and media, lead efforts to foster a positive public image for the agency, and promote increased engagement with affordable housing programs across diverse sectors of the community. Ultimately, the Media and Market Engagement Manager communicates the agency’s mission, values, programs, and strategic priorities to external audiences and ensures consistent messaging across multiple platforms.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with both internal and external partners to ensure that messaging is aligned with the agency’s goals and strategic interests.
- Engaging in daily media monitoring of outlets and keeping senior leadership apprised of emerging trends and issues, collaborating with them to gain their insights and understanding of issues.
- Preparing press releases, op-eds, speeches, and scripts for public relations events.
- Supporting media engagement and relationship building around affordable housing issues.
- Developing a crisis communication plan to help manage reputational risks.
- Helping to connect with diverse audiences by collecting market analytics and implementing marketing strategies through a multicultural and multigenerational lens.
- Implementing strategies that ensure that the community understands our product line and has multiple means of accessing information and resources.
- Working with SC Housing’s program and research staff to gather recipient feedback through surveys, establish customer satisfaction tools, and work with program areas to embed these tools into existing processes.
- Engaging in media buying, product analysis and market testing.
- Copy editing materials (print and digital).
- Actively developing materials to support the agency’s move towards digital marketing through the use of videography for storytelling about agency products, services, and customer experiences.
The South Carolina State Housing Finance & Development Authority offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE positions that includes:
- Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs
For more information and to apply online, please visit: