Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Coordinator
Job Number: 20-018
Deadline: February 28, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000
Location: Lexington County, South Carolina
Are you a housing professional searching for a career through which you can make a meaningful difference? Do you want great benefits and work-life balance? Look no further! The SC State Housing Finance and Development Authority (SC Housing) is actively seeking a Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Coordinator.
The Palmetto State offers something for everyone. Located in the Midlands, Columbia is both the state capital and South Carolina’s second-largest city. It is just a short commute to the state’s beautiful beaches and gorgeous mountains. Sunny summers and mild winters allow residents to experience the outdoors year-round, a plus considering that Lake Murray is just minutes away. Great universities and colleges, minimal commute times and friendly people make South Carolina the ideal place to build your future.
SC Housing is transforming the housing industry in our state through cutting-edge programs and competitive, market-based financial products that make homeownership affordable and quality rental housing possible for many. Our staff is excited about creating solutions that make a difference in the lives of others.
The LIHTC Program provides a tax incentive to develop multi-family rental housing. Allocations of credits are used to leverage public, private and other funds in order to keep rents affordable. Developments that may qualify for credits include new constructions, acquisition with rehabilitation and adaptive re-use. Owners can take the credit for up to ten years if the rental property remains in compliance with occupancy and rent restrictions for at least 30 years. These credits can be used as a dollar-for-dollar reduction in federal income tax liability. Compliance with the Housing Tax Credit Program Qualified Allocation Plan (QAP) and Manual are required for the credits to be allocated.
Responsibilities of the Fiscal Portfolio Analyst
As the LIHTC Coordinator, you will work under the general supervision of the LIHTC Manager, performing a variety of complex administration duties involving federal and state regulations. In this role:
- You will assist with the annual program development processes of the LIHTC Program.
- You will provide input and makes recommendations for program enhancements.
- You will assist in the update of manuals, applications, and associated documentation.
- You will assist with workshops in an effort to train and update applicants/potential applicants on legislation, policies, procedures and best practices according to program or regulatory changes.
- You will assist with the reviewing and scoring process of applications submitted.
- You will establish and maintain project files for awarded LIHTC applications through project completion/cancelation.
- You will review and process materials submitted to document compliance.
- You will provide technical assistance to award recipients.
- You will track progress of projects and notify management when intervention is necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
- You will serve as lead contact for communications regarding various LIHTC processes including Program year clarifications, Year 15 process for properties transitioning out of the LIHTC program, prospective waiver requests for Tax Credit applications seeking to pair LIHTC and Tax Exempt Bond financing.
- You will assist with the accurate completion of various internal and external reports(Accountability Report, Impact, NCSHA, etc.). This includes assisting with the annual collection, maintenance, and validation of data needed to prepare the reports.
- You will assist the Program Manager in ongoing development and maintenance of the quality control procedures. Additionally, you will participate with Quality Control staff to update protocol and processes.
The South Carolina State Housing Finance & Development Authority offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE positions that includes:
- Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs
For more information and to apply online, please visit: