Who may apply:
This position is open to bidders and qualified internal or external candidates simultaneously. This vacancy will be filled in accordance with contract provisions. Eligible bidders will be considered prior to filling the position via other means.
Eligibility to Bid:
AFSCME: You must be in the same job class as this posting, be a permanent classified employee, and not on probation. It does not matter what department you are in as long as you meet the other requirements.
POSTING DATE: 1/7/19
EXPIRATION DATE: 1/22/19
SUPERVISOR: Anne Heitlinger
JOB CLASS: Housing Finance Paraprofessional Senior
EMPLOYMENT CONDITION: Full-time, permanent, classified
Minnesota Housing is hiring! We’re a mission-focused bank looking for a candidate with multifamily or single family housing experience to join our Multifamily team. You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference immediately by assisting developers to complete the loan application process, thereby creating affordable housing opportunities for low-income Minnesotans.
This is an ideal job for a task-oriented person who likes to organize and takes pride in helping customers. You’ll be a main point of contact with our customers as you help to collect and organize necessary loan documentation. Your work in overseeing the loan intake process ensures a timely response to loans, which will have a direct impact on Minnesota Housing’s goal of safe, affordable housing for all Minnesotans.
Essential Job Duties
This position will be responsible to oversee the loan intake process and work with Agency staff and external customers to obtain all due diligence items. This includes the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the review of funding applications or loan servicing requests.
- Answer questions from external customers on Agency processes and application requirements.
- Collect and complete the initial review of due diligence, loan servicing requests.
- Review 3rd party reports such as appraisals, environmental reports, and market studies.
- Understand Agency loan documents and federal program requirements (risk share, environmental review).
- Work with customers and other funders to move developments through approval process and collect due diligence in a timely manner.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with other internal staff and in support of the assigned underwriters to facilitate project review and getting projects to closing.
- Work within multiple data systems to collect and track information, project status, due diligence, generate reports.
- Master the details of multiple complex projects.
- Serve as the point person for external communication and project status updates.
- 2 years of experience with single family, multifamily, consumer or commercial lending, loan processing, loan servicing, file review, or document/due diligence compilation and review.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Prior data entry experience as well as the ability to work within multiple data systems.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills and thorough attention to detail.
- Proven ability to balance competing priorities.
- Proven ability to independently problem solve and resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Multifamily housing experience.
- Previous experience with federal regulations, loan documents, legal documents.
Annual Salary Range: $44,767 – $63,037
This position requires successful completion of the following:
- Reference Checks.
- Criminal Background Checks.
- Requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as file folders, ledgers, and small tools. A certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties.
External candidates should copy and paste this text into your browser to apply: https://careers.mn.gov/psp/hcm92apc/MNCAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1001&JobOpeningId=29212&PostingSeq=1&languageCd=ENG
Internal candidates should go to Employee Self Service > Careers and search for Job ID 29212.
Why Choose Minnesota Housing?
Our culture consists of passionate, mission-driven employees focused on delivering the best programs possible to help Minnesotans access safe, affordable housing. We invest in our employees’ futures by providing a variety of professional development opportunities. We’re committed to providing employees with work-life balance by offering many work schedule options, flexible schedules and limited overtime. That’s why our average employee tenure is 11 years.
At Minnesota Housing, we know that affordable housing is an essential part of Minnesota’s infrastructure. When you work here, you’re helping to build stronger communities. We also have a national reputation as one of the finest housing finance agencies in the country.
Our top notch benefits include extremely inexpensive health insurance for employees and dependents, generous vacation and sick leave plans, eleven holidays per year, and tuition assistance. We offer a defined benefit pension plan with a guaranteed, life-long benefit based on tenure plus pre-tax and ROTH options to supplement the pension. For more information, visit our website at www.mnhousing.gov.
Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer
This information can be made available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities by calling (651) 259.3637 or (651) 282.2699 (TTY).