LIHTC Allocation Assistant Manager
NATURE OF POSITION: Under the direction of the LIHTC Allocation Manager, provide oversight and assistance with the LIHTC allocation process.
- Collaborate with and support the LIHTC Allocation Manager in reviewing applications from the preliminary application stage to final allocation by underwriting, analyzing, scoring, collecting, assembling, distributing necessary information, and coordinating with other internal divisions to move applications through the process.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the LIHTC program
- Provide input and make recommendations for program enhancements.
- Coordinate with team members to establish effective and efficient policies and procedures to ensure the programs’ success.
- Actively participate in the updating of the Qualified Allocation Plan, applications, and associated documents.
- Track the progress of projects and notify supervisor when milestones are not met.
- Participate in the review and preparation of carryover agreements, cost certifications, Land Use Restriction Agreements, and Forms 8609 and 8609N.
- Enter and update LIHTC allocation information in appropriate databases and software systems.
- Assist with the coordination of the CRANE process and applications.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to maintain organized, accurate, and updated files.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Business software, especially Excel.
- Able to communicate, both orally and in writing, in a positive, diplomatic, friendly yet business-like manner.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to perform the job with a sense of integrity.
- Strive to continuously improve and develop knowledge and skills while adapting quickly to changing circumstances and processes.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently as well as in a group setting.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, and process time-sensitive materials in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience in the Section 42 Low Income Housing Tax Credit program.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Planning, or a related field or equivalent experience.
Essential functions of the position will be performed primarily in an office environment, which requires sitting for long periods at a desk. This position requires minimal travel within the state, including overnight trips. Out-of-state travel will also occur from time to time.
For more information, contact Sara Tichota, LIHTC Allocation Manager, at 402-434-3900. Candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.