Internal Audit Director
Job Number: 21-010
Deadline: October 9, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Location: Lexington County, South Carolina
Responsibilities of the Internal Audit Director
Our Internal Audit Division serves to provide an independent, objective assurance that our agency is operating within the bounds of applicable laws and regulations. Internal Audit helps SC Housing accomplish its mission of creating affordable housing opportunities for South Carolinians by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving its risk management, control, and governance processes.
In this position, you will work under the direct, minimal supervision of the Executive Director and the direction of the Board of Commissioners. The Internal Audit Director leads and organizes all the internal audit functions of the agency. In this role, you will perform a variety of complex duties, including but not limited to:
- Serving as the point of contact for any outsourcing audit procedures.
- Planning, coordinating, and managing internal audits and investigations and evaluations of the administrative, financial, and operational activities of the agency.
- Developing a strategy for conducting risk assessments over all areas of SC Housing.
- Ensuring the review of existing controls, recommending improvements and cost-effective enhancements.
- Providing professional and timely advice to the Executive Director, Board of Commissioners, and management to develop and implement governance, risk and compliance strategies that aligns with the agency’s business needs.
- Providing comprehensive technical expertise to audit projects, programs, and systems of SC Housing’s divisions taking into account the people (e.g. customers, suppliers, employees), resources and technologies involved.
- Offering assurance that SC Housing has effective controls, both operationally and as part of the strategic planning process of the agency.
- Compiling and translating statutes, policies, procedure manuals, and the strategic needs of the agency into a governance model that will meet the agency’s goals.
- Working closely with the HR and Legal teams to ensure high ethical standards are maintained in the agency as part of the public trust.
- Reviewing all external audit reports and SC Housing’s responses to these reports.
- Attending all entrance and exit conferences held by external auditors to include Financial Audit, Legislative Audit Council, HUD Audits, Homeownership, Contract Administration and any others.
The Palmetto State offers something for everyone. Located in the Midlands, Columbia is both the state capital and South Carolina’s second-largest city. It is just a short commute to the state’s beautiful beaches and gorgeous mountains. Sunny summers and mild winters allow residents to experience the outdoors year-round, a plus considering that Lake Murray is just minutes away. Great universities and colleges, minimal commute times and friendly people make South Carolina the ideal place to build your future.
The South Carolina State Housing Finance & Development Authority offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE positions that includes:
- Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs
For more information and to apply online, please visit: