Human Resources Specialist
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, AUGUST, 23, 2019 AT 11:59PM
Division: Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 30
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,365
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for a variety of human resources and administrative support activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Serves as primary contact for the Human Resources telephone Helpline, HRHelp email, and HRPerfMgmt email.
- Handles and monitors Workers’ Compensation (WC) claims; coordinates WC processes among staff, supervisors, the State of Tennessee, and the State’s third-party administrator; maintains WC files and Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) records; prepares annual OSHA reports.
- Maintains an agency Fiscal Payment Card, which includes making payments for various agency purchases, and reconciliation of payment card statements.
- Serves as back-up for benefits coordination and administration, including benefits orientations for new employees.
- Serves as Talent Quest administration back-up to the Human Resources Advisor; assists with administration of THDA’s performance review process.
- Serves as an administrative back-up for Human Resources as directed, including payroll, recruitment, learning and development activities, and onboarding of new employees,
- Serves as agency administrator for the federal E-Verify program; inputs I-9 information for new hires into the E-Verify system.
- Maintains employee and position information in various HR information systems (HRIS) (Edison, Talent Quest, Taleo).
- Creates personnel file folders for new hires; ensures required documentation is complete prior to filing, to include review of all documents for completeness; follows up with employees to obtain any missing information.
- Processes documentation for employee separations, both voluntary and involuntary, including updating on-line data, ensuring that all termination steps are completed, preparing personnel files, and forwarding the official personnel file to the State’s Department of Human Resources; handles unemployment compensation claims.
- Communicates with the Information Technology (IT), Operations, and Internal Audit divisions regarding new hires and staff position changes, including temporary employees.
- Handles the Division of Motor Vehicles employee driver’s license validity checks, and reports issues to the Director.
- Enters all new hires into Edison; may update Edison as changes are needed, such as name changes, position changes, reporting changes, salary changes, etc.
- Maintains and audits employee files, ensuring confidentiality, documentation and accuracy.
- Responds to employment verifications.
- Maintains accurate organizational charts.
- Orders supplies for the division.
- Coordinates agency service awards.
- Creates reports and documents as requested by the Director or the Senior Human Resources Advisor.
- Coordinates ordering flowers for employees within stated guidelines, and processes related invoices for payment.
- Handles a variety of other administrative activities for the division, including filing, copying, and mail distribution.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year Human Resources experience preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive employee and organizational information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Occasional in-state and out-of-state travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE INSTRUCTIONS
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION