Human Resources Advisor
Application Deadline: April 30, 2019
Are you an experienced Human Resources professional ready for your next career move? Would you like to work for an organization where the strategic side of HR is as important as the routine work HR handles? Would you like to work for an organization with excellent pay and benefits? We have an exciting opportunity for you!
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist with a successful track record in employee relations, performance management, and legal compliance, with strong knowledge and experience in the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA).
Activities will include:
- Providing advice and counsel to managers and employees on personnel matters, in conjunction with the Director of Human Resources and the Senior Human Resources Advisor.
- Leading the administration of the agency’s performance review processes, including: oversight of the automated goal setting and review system; system set up and maintenance; assisting managers and staff with goal setting and performance reviews; and reviewing probationary and annual performance reviews for conformity with agency expectations.
- Assisting the Director of Human Resources in reviewing, responding to, and documenting Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requests for accommodation, including active participation in the interactive conversation process.
- Leading the administration of the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), including interacting with employees, processing and disseminating documents, monitoring leave balances, and maintaining records.
- Assisting with researching and investigating employee grievances, including claims of discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation, and resolving or making recommendations for resolution.
- Assisting with HR policies interpretation and formulation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher level of educational attainment.
- Three years of professional-level Human Resources experience.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements, including the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title VII, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Workers’ Compensation, and the United States Department of Labor (DOL) requirements.
- Current Human Resource Certification such as Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM Certified Professional (CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SCP) is a plus.
STARTING SALARY: Minimum of $5,222 per month ($62,664 annualized).
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave; sick leave; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
To apply, visit our website at www.thda.org and click on the Careers link at the top of the page. Note that only on-line applications for specific positions through this website will be considered.
THDA is an equal opportunity, equal access, affirmative action employer.