Housing Choice Voucher Program – Administration Manager
Job Number: 20-023
Deadline: July 24, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Location: Lexington County, South Carolina
Hiring Range: $55,000 – $65,000
Are you a seasoned housing professional searching for a career through which you can make a meaningful difference? Do you want great benefits and work-life balance? Look no further! The SC State Housing Finance and Development Authority (SC Housing) is actively seeking a Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) – Administration Manager.
The Palmetto State offers something for everyone. Located in the Midlands, Columbia is both the state capital and South Carolina’s second-largest city. It is just a short commute to the state’s beautiful beaches and gorgeous mountains. Sunny summers and mild winters allow residents to experience the outdoors year-round, a plus considering that Lake Murray is just minutes away. Great universities and colleges, minimal commute times and friendly people make South Carolina the ideal place to build your future.
SC Housing is transforming the housing industry in our state through cutting-edge programs and competitive, market-based financial products that make homeownership affordable and quality rental housing possible for many. Our staff is excited about creating solutions that make a difference in the lives of others.
SC Housing administers the Housing Choice Voucher Program (HCVP) in seven South Carolina counties (Clarendon, Colleton, Dorchester, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lee, and Lexington). The HCVP assists very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled in having affordable, decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private rental market. SC Housing provides rental assistance subsidy for approximately 2000 families through an Annual Contributions Contract (ACC) with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Responsibilities of the HCVP – Administration Manager
In this position, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your unique interpersonal, critical thinking and self/time management skills in the management and coordination of the daily activities of a team responsible for performing all operational functions in support of the HCVP. You will also have the opportunity to expand on the program knowledge and skills you have gained and demonstrate those additional capabilities as part of the Authority’s progression planning initiatives.
In this position:
- You will direct, lead and manage the daily operations of the HCVP Administration Section.
- You will oversee the processing of various actions related to a family’s eligibility an program participation.
- You will oversee the input of participant data into and review HUD Public and Indian Housing Information Center (PIC) data for Section 8 Management Assessment System (SEMAP) compliance.
- You will account for program funding and prepare and submit various reports to HUD and internal departments related to program participation and expenditure of program funds.
- You will assist in developing, implementing, and monitoring program policies and procedures.
- You will oversee the processing of and approve Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) to program property owners/landlords and participants.
- You will assist in the development of annual operating budget and in monitoring budget to ensure allocated funding is properly expended.
- You will manage the Waiting List and Eligibility determination functions.
- You will collaborate with the Field Operations Manager to learn all responsibilities associated with their position and to identify, train and mentor key personnel to perform critical decisions and assume higher levels of leadership responsibility.
The South Carolina State Housing Finance & Development Authority offers an exceptional benefits package for FTE positions that includes:
- Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employee, spouse, and children
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs
For more information and to apply online, please visit: