Job Title: Housing & Community Development Specialist I
Working Title: HCD Specialist
Salary: $5,656.00 – $7,080.00 per month
Final Filing Date: 05/30/21
Work Type/Schedule: Permanent, Full time
Location: Sacramento County
Under general direction, the Housing and Community Development Specialist I, is responsible for conducting research and providing technical expertise for housing and community development policies activities. Independently responsible conducting research, analysis and development of program and policy recommendations for consideration by executives. Research conducted includes issues that impact housing, such as community development and planning, homelessness, real estate development and operations, disaster preparedness and recovery, housing legislation, or analysis of housing data and research based upon personal assignment. Serve as a conduit between the Division and a wide variety of external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills.
- Practical experience collaborating with employees from different branches or divisions of a large organization, to solve complex issues across organizational units
- Extensive knowledge in housing policy, policy implementation, community development and planning, homelessness, real estate development and operations, disaster preparedness and recovery, housing legislation, or analysis of housing data and research
- Practical experience with researching, writing, and editing documents in a variety of formats, tailored to a variety of audiences and meeting excellent standards of professionalism and due diligence.
- Direct experience with the administration of programs, or delivery of services, related to housing, community development, or homelessness, on the local level
- Ability to effectively collaborate with external stakeholders, including federal agencies, other state departments and agencies, local governments, and/or local service providers and other nonprofit organizations
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access).
Please click here to apply.