Government Sponsored Entities Relationship Advisor
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS MONDAY, APRIL 1, 2019 AT 11:59PM
Division: Single Family Programs
Reports to: Location: Director of Mortgage Loan Administration
Salary Grade: 42
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $5,757
FLSA Classification: Exempt (03)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Develops and maintains business relationships with the Government Sponsored Enterprises (GSEs) Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (Freddie Mac) and Federal National Mortgage Association (Fannie Mae); assists Director with processes and activities related to secondary mortgage market operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains GSE relationships to include the To Be Announced (TBA) provider if applicable.
- Develops policies, procedures and process documents to result in efficient secondary market operations.
- Reviews compliance reports, monthly activity and lender production to make recommendations for program adjustments.
- Monitors Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) mortgage loan pipeline to ensure timely delivery of loans, working closely with the Single Family Loan Operations (SFLO) division staff to make certain all loans have complete and accurate documentation to meet regulatory requirements of the various insuring agencies to include but not limited to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Government National Mortgage Association (Ginnie Mae), and Mortgage Electronic Registration System (MERS).
- Evaluates errors, reviews fees and costs earned or charged to THDA in the course of working in the secondary market, manages risk and proceeds with implementation of appropriate corrective actions to mitigate risks.
- Works directly with the Director of Mortgage Loan Administration, and indirectly with the Director of SFLO and the Director of Loan Servicing (Volunteer Mortgage Loan Services – VMLS), to develop training materials and manuals as well as policies and procedures to effectively administer delivery of agency compliant loans to the GSE (s).
- Analyzes business unit controls and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Interprets GSE and Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Handbooks/Guides, to support SFLO and VMLS implementation of secondary market processes.
- Develops action plans with division leaders to support compliance with all regulatory requirements to include developing staff training.
- Maintains knowledge of GSE’s policies and procedures or changes in order to provide gap analyses to SFLO or VMLS.
- Responds to loan delivery escalations both internally and externally.
- Serves as lead in GSE, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) or other related audits; establishes processes to streamline and facilitate the intake of external client and regulatory audits to reduce external audit findings and remediation requests.
- Develops Originating Agent/Lender performance measurements and internal THDA successful delivery measurements to meet or exceed GSE scorecard goals.
- Assists in development of Quality Control programs and procedures, including detailed reporting to quantitatively and qualitatively measure processes and identify risk factors; performs QC reviews of MBS loan files.
- Provides clear and proactive communication to both internal and external business units.
- Keeps apprised of Federal, State and CFPB laws and regulations that affect THDA mortgage activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher educational attainment, preferably in business administration, management, accounting, finance, or related field.
- 5 years of related experience in the mortgage industry.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of CFPB and federal regulations as they relate to conventional, Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veterans Administration (VA) and United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) loans.
- Extensive knowledge of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Seller Servicer Guidelines.
- Knowledge of FHA, VA, USDA, and Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI) regulations in the field of mortgage loan operations, delivery to the secondary market and loan servicing.
- Ability to effectively plan, track and organize work through project completion.
- Ability to effectively develop and implement daily, monthly and annual work plans to accomplish specific goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Occasional in-state and out-of-state travel, including overnight travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS