View the complete job description and application instructions online:
Status: Full Time
Location: Woodland Hills, CA, US
Requisition ID: 1015
The Financial Analyst will work within the company’s Financial Analysis (Modeling) department. Micro-level “lower-tier” models are prepared to evaluate potential acquisitions while macro-level “upper-tier” models are provided project benefits to investors.
- Analyze financial viability of acquisitions (low income housing developments).
- Perform “what if” scenario analysis.
- Prepare upper tier (investors) and lower tier (developers) financial models in excel.
- Check models against respective letters of intent and partnership agreements.
- Review operating partnerships’ tax returns.
- Review operating partnerships’ GAAP financial statements.
- Work with Developers, Originators, Acquisitions Personnel, Asset Managers and Investor Relations to update and maintain financial models.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Familiarity with real estate (multi-family preferred).
- Experience in Section 42 (Low-Income Housing Tax Credits) would be a plus.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Personal Traits Desired:
- Must be pro-active.
- Must have excellent communication and follow-up skills; the Financial Analysis department provides service to our originators, our asset managers, and our investors, and often works with the developers or consultants working on behalf of the developers. Financial Analysis department personnel are expected to be responsive to needs of such other employees or outside personnel. Experience interacting effectively with all levels of management is required.
- The ability to think creatively and work in a team environment is required. Individual must work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced time pressured work environment while managing conflicting priorities.
- Must be able to budget one’s personal time.
- Must be able to work on many projects in various states of completion.
- Must be a team player, willing to absorb departmental work overflow when required.
- Must be adaptable to changing priorities.
- Must be proficient with Excel must be able to create and edit complex financial formulas.
- Microsoft Access and/or other database experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA a plus, but not required.
- Work experience in finance, real estate development, urban planning, affordable housing or related field preferred.
Please apply using the application link “Apply”. When applying for this position complete the information requested using the navigational buttons. After completing the online application upload your cover letter, resume in word or PDF when you are requested to do so.
Founded in 1997, Alliant Capital has established itself as one of the country’s top 20 multifamily property owners with over 900 properties in 48 states and territories. Alliant has been instrumental in adding to the supply of affordable housing units through its syndication of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit. With offices nationwide and a dedicated, growing team of experienced and well-trained commercial real estate, legal and tax professionals, Alliant provides the highest level of fully integrated real estate and investment support services.
ALLIANT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER