Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) Manager
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2019 AT 11:59PM
Helping people to better lives. That’s what our FSS Team does throughout Tennessee. They work with low-income individuals and families to create a step-by-step plan that leads to economic independence and, often, home ownership. Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) is looking for an outstanding individual to manage this four-person team to help in achieving life-altering changes for our clients. Working out of our Nashville office, the successful candidate will be responsible for the management and supervision of staff, and operation of the Section 8 Rental Assistance (S8RA) Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) and Homeownership Voucher (HV) Programs across the state, according to the requirements of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and THDA. This position requires occasional in-state travel, including overnight travel.
Minimum requirements: (Note that other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.)
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences, public administration or related field preferred.
- At least two years of management experience.
- At least one year of experience in federal, state, or local housing program, property management, real estate, or other related field.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Ability to effectively manage staff, including remote workers.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state, or local housing program, property management, and real estate.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Ability to relate well to a diverse, low-income population including program applicants and participants.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
Application Process: To apply, visit our Career Opportunities section at www.thda.org. Note that THDA accepts only online applications. You will not be considered an official applicant until we have your electronic application.
Additional Information: THDA is a State of Tennessee agency, serving as Tennessee’s Housing Finance Agency (HFA). We offer an excellent benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, retirement plans, paid vacation and sick leave, eleven paid holidays per year, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), flexible benefit accounts, and professional development opportunities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER