Under general supervision of the Assistant Director, make recommendations for corrective measures on inspecting existing buildings mechanical, electrical or structural systems. Review project site plans for compliance with municipal Resolution of Approval assuring conformance with HMFA guidelines and Division best practices. Conduct site inspections submitting reports with concise recommendations. Review shop drawings, tests, samples and change orders for compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards. Monitor construction for conformance with plans and specifications; assist in resolving problems. Review plans and specifications to determine conformance with engineering standards, construction codes, and HMFA guidelines; make comments for adequacy of design and code compliance. Monitor construction for conformance with plans and specifications. Assist in the review of energy improvement documents; monitor energy improvement work for conformance to construction documents and generate appropriate correspondence and reports.
- Four (4) year college degree in a field of Engineering; eight (8) years of relevant experience.
- Performs analytical and evaluative tasks requiring full working knowledge of the standard theory and practice of the discipline. Work is characterized by full proficiency in all standard procedures. Tasks involve various and sometimes unrelated steps requiring the adaptation of standard guidelines and practices to new situations. Supervision is in terms of objectives, limits of the assignment, and type of result expected. Completed work is reviewed for validity of results.
- Certificates & Licenses Required
- J. licensed Professional Engineer.
- LEED Certification a plus.
- CME certification a plus.
- A valid driver’s license in the State in which the person resides is required if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
Physical Demands – Must be able to access all unfinished construction sites; must be able to walk, climb stairs and ladders.
Working Conditions – General office environment; some travel is required to conduct site inspections.
Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of mechanical, civil, or structural engineering, applicable building construction codes Municipal Land Use Law and Board process and Residential Site Improvement Standards. Effectively negotiate with construction sites. Ability to effectively review, analyze and draw accurate conclusions in relation to plans and specifications, to plan, organize and accomplish multiple assignments simultaneously. Establish effective working relationships with developers, design professionals, construction officials, municipal officials, professional/technical groups, HMFA staff, and the general public. Communicate effectively orally, in writing, and to listen actively.
For more information and to Apply Directly: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NEWJERSH2&cws=1&rid=484
Deadline to apply: 2/28/21