Director of Homeownership
Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA), one of the Nation’s preeminent Housing Finance Agencies and one of the State’s ten largest financial institutions, is currently seeking a Director, Homeownership to build upon our 50+ year leadership in housing finance.
This role is a supervisory position in the Homeownership Department for the Illinois Housing Development Authority. The department is responsible for general loan origination, servicing, compliance and quality control oversight of the Authority’s Single Family business.
The Director –will supervise a team of individuals responsible for effectuation of single-family loan origination and servicing in addition to oversight of origination and servicing quality control. This individual will provide guidance and oversight of the staff and activities of the Homeownership department. Participates in determination and execution strategies related to the single-family pipeline, program design and implementation, strategic planning as it relates to the Homeownership Department and the Authority. This individual provides leadership in group settings, facilitates the transfer of operational and institutional knowledge while managing development and motivation of team members. Coordinates across all affected areas of the Authority and proactively identifies opportunities to improve business processes and establish best practices. Participates in design, implementation and maintenance of new business lines of the Authority. Identifies issues and resolves problems. Strong communication and analytical skills are required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, a related field, or 3+ years of management and/or analytical work experience in homeownership origination, servicing, program design, finance or related area.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to work independently and assume responsibility for transactions and / or project deliverables with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively with Management and internal/external partners, and suggest workable solutions
- High level of computer proficiency required, including advanced Microsoft Excel ability, knowledge of database systems
- Effective interpersonal/communication skills. Able to build relationships with internal and external partners, and communicate effectively (written/oral)
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to handle large amounts of data and priorities
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative
Excellent benefits package, including 401 (k); immediate vesting.
To apply, submit resume to: