Director, Human Resources
Illinois Housing Development Authority (IHDA), one of the Nation’s preeminent Housing Finance Agencies and one of the State’s ten largest financial institutions, is currently seeking a Director, Human Resources to build upon our 50+ year leadership in housing finance.
Responsible for developing, implementing and coordinating policies and programs encompassing all aspects of Human Resources Management, including employment, employee relations, wage and salary administration, training, placement, safety and health, benefits, employee services, AAP/EEO, policies and procedures, Workers’ Compensation and Unemployment Insurance programs.
- Responsible for administering the employee benefits program to include group insurance, Workers’ Compensation, Unemployment Compensation, disability and retirement programs. Maintains an ongoing effort to determine and maintain equity with current benefit trends and legislated requirement and programs.
- Administer, under the direction of the Executive Director, the compensation and performance appraisal programs. Conduct compensation surveys and participate in compensation surveys conducted by other organizations.
- Carry out the Authority’s AA/EEO programs in compliance with government legislation and management directives. Identify employee relations issues and recommend appropriate actions to address and resolve those issues. Participate in exit interviews and grievance procedures.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs and laws; reviews, guides, and approves (in conjunction with Executive and Legal Department) management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Take appropriate action to prevent the use or disclosure of highly confidential and proprietary information involving IHDA employees in the regular processing of the semi-monthly payroll.
- Actively participates on the Authority’s Policy Committee and Incident Command Team.
- Undergraduate degree required and significant professional human resources and leadership experience. Must possess a high degree of dependability, discretion and good interpersonal communication. Operate as a thought leader in human resources. Must possess project management/organizational skills. Having an understanding of the affordable housing market is a plus
- Excellent benefits package, including 401 (k); immediate vesting.
To apply, please submit your resume to: