Default Claims Specialist
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2020 AT 11:59PM
Division: Mortgage Loan Servicing
Reports to: Mortgage Loan Default Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 30
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,365
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates and administers functions relating to the processing of bankruptcy proof of claim activity, loss mitigation claim activity, post foreclosure claim activity, property preservation, and borrower account administration. This work requires direct contact with the public, the exercise of good judgment and the application of Tennessee Housing Development Agency (“THDA”) policies and procedures as they relate to the application of payments, collection of amounts past due, loss mitigation, borrower counseling and other general customer service inquiries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates with team members on active efforts to prevent foreclosure losses or process post foreclosure actions.
- Prepares time line extension requests under Federal Housing Administration (FHA) and Extensions and Variances Automated Requests System (EVARS); monitors efforts to meet first legal date requirements and reasonable diligence date requirements.
- Handles communications with external partners on foreclosure actions.
- Prepares files for mortgage insurance claim submission and provides appropriate documentation for audit purposes.
- Follows insurer guidelines for delinquent account management and collects documentation on foreclosure efforts to support account activity.
- Prepares and processes bankruptcy Proof of Claim referrals and documents for filing; provides timely review and approval to ensure filing deadlines are met.
- Prepares loss mitigation claims for filing through FHA Connection.
- Assists with property preservation efforts, prepares properties for conveyance or transfer to Real Estate Owned (REO) management.
- Follows up on mortgage insurance claims, additional information requests, and foreclosure sale results.
- Sets active follow up arrangements on accounts; records notes and financial data.
- Maintains and files electronic information to customer accounts with proper noting and documentation.
- Assists with all default processes.
- Assists with vendor management including notices of findings and scorecard reviews.
- Answers incoming phone calls and responds to customer requests for information on their accounts.
- Provides phone support through the Loan Servicing call center including incoming and outgoing follow up communications.
- Provides assistance with borrower counseling, loss mitigation processing and foreclosure avoidance.
- Provides assistance with mailing letters, forms or other customer contact.
- Assists with error resolution and customer complaint tracking.
- Provides back up for other Loan Servicing functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Mortgage foreclosure and/or bankruptcy experience.
- Telephone customer service experience.
- Experience with Pacer, C-Max, FHA Connection Claims, EVARS, YARDI/P260, and/or Financial Industry Computer Systems (FICS).
- Successful completion of Mortgage Bankers Association courses in “Mortgage Servicing Basics Course” and/or “Conventional Foreclosure, Claims & Corporate Advance” preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to accurately enter data into electronic systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to remain calm in tense situations.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to plan and organize a large workload.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely with a high level of detail.
- Ability to read, follow and interpret instructions, regulations and policies.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to use a phone headset for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS