Customer Service Representative (2 positions)
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, JULY 31, 2019 AT 11:59PM
Division: Mortgage Loan Servicing
Reports to: Loss Mitigation Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Salary Grade: 30
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,365
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Completes activities relating to customer service and borrower account administration. This work requires direct contact with the public, the exercise of good judgment and the application of Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) policies and procedures as they relate to the application of payments, payoff quotes and other general customer service inquiries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers incoming phone calls and responds to customer requests for information on their accounts.
- Completes payoff quotes, verifies the accuracy of information and provides quotes to customers.
- Provides primary phone support through the Loan Servicing call center including incoming and outgoing follow up communications.
- Makes outgoing calls to customers to attempt to assess reasons for default and make satisfactory arrangements to bring accounts back into a current standing.
- Assists with changes in mailing addresses, corrections to phone numbers and other loan servicing data.
- Provides assistance with new loan on-boarding and verification of new loan data.
- Provides assistance with mailing letters, forms or other customer contact.
- Assists customers with web site functionality, password resets, and other requests for account data.
- Maintains and files electronic information to customer accounts with proper noting and documentation.
- Provides assistance with Automated Clearing House (ACH) sign up and notification of account billing statements.
- Assists with error resolution and customer complaint tracking.
- Provides back up for other Loan Servicing functions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Telephone customer service experience.
- Mortgage servicing experience preferred.
- Successful completion of Mortgage Bankers Association “Basics of Mortgage Servicing” course preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to accurately enter data into electronic systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to plan and organize a large workload.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely with a high level of detail.
- Ability to read, follow and interpret instructions, regulations and policies.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
- The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to use a phone headset for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS