HCGA Consulting Partners LLC is conducting a search for the position of: CONTROLLER
Company: Idaho Housing Finance Association
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Direct Reports: Assistant Controller & Accounting Managers
Location: Boise, ID
Idaho Housing and Finance Association is a uniquely created and organized financial institution and administrator of affordable housing resources. In its simplest form, Idaho Housing’s mission is to provide funding for affordable housing opportunities in Idaho communities where they are most needed and when it is economically feasible.
Idaho Housing is a self-supporting corporation that must generate all revenue necessary to cover the cost of its operations. It does this by earning fees for work performed and does not use any state-appropriated funds for its operations.
Idaho Housing raises millions of dollars in the national capital markets and forms partnerships with banking and lending institutions throughout the state. It functions as an agent for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and performs a wide variety of tasks associated with financing, developing or managing affordable housing.
As a highly technical and sophisticated organization, the Idaho Housing’s staff and management understand and participate in all phases of real estate development, finance, management and tenant support. Idaho Housing’s role requires the same skills and capabilities as those of traditional lenders and real estate professionals with the additional task of understanding complex affordable housing regulations.
In every phase of this challenging work, Idaho Housing strives to remain sensitive and responsive to the needs of Idaho’s less-advantaged individuals and families.
This position will perform financial analyses to assess current and long-term profitability; improve economic outcomes; and report conclusions to executive management. He/she will oversee the accounting and budgeting functions as well as the organization’s financing instruments, debt, liquidity and the financial risk position including disclosure reporting, bond trust administration, GSE reporting, rating agency reporting and investment management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Regularly identify and undertake financial analysis to assess current and long-term profitability of business operations, improve economic outcomes, and report conclusions to executive management with applicable recommendations
- Oversee and supervise the organization’s accounting operations to ensure effective accounting systems, accuracy, and effective reporting.
- Responsibilities include oversight and supervision of financial audits and annual budgeting, as well as reporting on the financial condition of the company
- Oversee and supervise the organization’s financing instruments, debt, liquidity, and financial risk positions including among other requirements, applicable disclosure reporting, bond trust administration, GSE reporting, rating agency reporting, and investment management
- Participate as an effective member of IHFA’s management team through collaboration, information sharing, support of business areas, engendering trust and cooperation, and demonstrated leadership.
- Display professionalism, positive attitudes, engagement, and a productive work ethic.
- Undertake educational and professional development activities as coordinated between the employee and supervisor
- Perform other projects as may be assigned from time-to-time
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: (“MUST HAVES”):
A successful candidate for the Controller position will possess at minimum a significant years of relevant industry experience including but not limited to the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum of 6-10 years of supervisory experience as well as experience with oversight of all accounting functions
- Extensive knowledge of financial accounting and internal controls
- Knowledge of GASB and GAAP, mortgages, investments, and financial statement preparation and review. Ability to think with a vision of the future, be receptive to innovation, alert to strategic opportunities, and experience in strategic planning are vital
- Knowledge of HUD and Not-For-Profit accounting is a definite plus
- Experience preparing financial statements and reporting results both internally and externally
- Proficiency in financial spreadsheets and forecasting also required
- Knowledge of mortgage securitization, capital markets, and real estate finance as well as, federal housing programs, laws and regulations
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to work to deadlines, produce and implement business plans, and motivate team members
MEASURES OF FIRST YEAR’S SUCCESS:
- Ensure IHFA’s ongoing soundness of financial reporting, financial statement preparation and audit processes
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of IHFA operations and enterprise-wide staff capabilities
- Demonstrate clear alignment with IHFA accounting operations and policies
- Retention of legacy Controllership/Accounting functional staff
- Bachelor’s level degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field required, or equivalent professional experience; Master’s degree in related field preferred; CPA certification required
IHFA offers a competitive salary and benefits package including but not limited to:
Enjoy competitive compensation packages from IHFA. We encourage and reward excellent performance in a few ways:
- Base pay that targets the market’s average pay for similar jobs
- Performance-based rewards for exceptional performance
Health and Wellness Benefits
To promote a healthy work-life balance, we offer an excellent health and wellness package, which includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance for our employees and their families
- Onsite gym and locker room, strong Wellness Initiatives,
- Free Parking
- Flexible work schedules
- Annual Health Fair free to employees
- Located downtown next to the beautiful Boise River and adjoining park with river walk.
Plan for your future today. IHFA employees have several options to help them build their nest eggs, including:
- Idaho Housing pension plan. 100% vested after five years.
- 457(b)(k) plan, with company match
- Group life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Long term disability insurance
- Voluntary supplemental life insurance for self and dependents
IHFA provides a challenging, progressive, and supportive environment that promotes employee development. A few of the ways we help our employees reach their full potential are:
- Company-paid training
- Professional development plans
- Tuition assistance for certification, undergraduate, and graduate degree programs through an accredited institution & reimbursement for books.
We support our employees and the community through the following benefits:
- Annual All Employee meeting & Employee Appreciation Day
- Community giving activities (i.e, Rake Up Boise, Foodbank contributions, etc)
All interested and qualified parties should submit an application using the following link: https://www.idahohousing.com/careers/apply-online/
Thereafter, each applicant should contact:
HCGA Consulting Partners LLC