Contract Operations Specialist
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7, 2019 AT 11:59PM
Division: Section 8 Contract Administration and Compliance
Reports to: Contract Operations Manager
Location: Nashville, TN
Full-time/Part-time: Full time
Salary Grade: 30
Monthly Salary Range Minimum: $3,205
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs core tasks related to Federal Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Section 8 Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) Contracts. Relevant core tasks include, but are not limited to, processing rental adjustments, voucher payments, and contract renewals and terminations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages a caseload of contracts of assigned properties, including processing of contract renewals and terminations, contract opt-out processing, handling rent adjustments, and preparing voucher payments.
- Evaluates tenant data transmitted from multifamily projects and analyzes owner subsidy/payment requests for discrepancies; ensures consistency of tenant data between HUD and owner databases.
- Prepares and maintains written documentation verifying accuracy of monthly payments including notifications of corrective actions.
- Receives, reviews, and processes special claims requests.
- Adjusts contract rents in accordance with HAP contracts and HUD requirements.
- Prepares and coordinates all required documentation; maintains complete and accurate contract files, program files and other records.
- Prepares documentation for scanning into THDA’s Electronic Content Management (ECM) data base.
- Provides data entry into the appropriate computer systems; troubleshoots errors and makes corrections where appropriate.
- Maintains good relationships with property owners, managers, and landlords.
- Collaborates with Program Compliance Division staff and other Section 8 Contract Administration Division staff to keep abreast of and follow-up on activities affecting subsidy payments, contract renewals, terminations, and rental adjustments.
- Complies with program rules and other state and federal regulations.
- Maintains current and accurate knowledge and information concerning the program, attending training as necessary.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in business preferred.
- Experience in administering contracts/regulatory agreements, financial auditing, or technical experience in HUD program administration.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Knowledge of HUD Section 8 programs preferred, or the ability to quickly become familiar with the pertinent programs.
- Ability to read and understand complex rules, regulations, policies, agreements and organizational materials.
- Ability to determine and make accurate mathematical calculations and system data entries.
- Ability to handle private, personal information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to work successfully within a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to successfully plan and organize a large workload.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating complex situations.
- Ability to troubleshoot problem areas creatively and communicate solutions effectively.
- Ability to adjust to frequent procedural changes.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- High level of detail and accuracy.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS