Assistant to the Director of Single Family Loan Operations
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS TUESDAY, MARCH 9, 2021 AT 11:59PM
Division: Single Family Loan Operations
Reports to: Director of Single Family Loan Operations
Location: Nashville, TN
Full-time/Part-time: Full time
Salary Grade: 29
Salary Range Minimum: $3,206
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt (01)
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change due to changes in our business processes or other business-related reasons.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides assistance and administrative support to the Director of Single Family Loan Operations and the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Single Family Programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Establishes and maintains files for the Director of Single Family Loan Operations.
- Coordinates and maintains scheduling and communication for the Director of Single Family Loan Operations, including maintaining calendars, e-mail groups, contacts, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality when reviewing sensitive materials.
- Prepares and submits travel documentation necessary for travel authorization and travel claims, following THDA Travel Guidelines, for the COO, the Director, as well as other Single Family Managers, Director of Capital Markets, or staff as needed.
- Coordinates travel arrangements, including flight reservations, hotels, directions, etc., for COO, Director, and other Single Family staff members,
- Provides administrative support and coordinates preparations for the Housing Industry Advisory Board, Housing Education Advisory Board and any other THDA established advisory board meetings, including agendas, meeting space set-up, catering needs, and maintaining current list on website.
- Coordinates scheduling and preparations for meetings relating to the COO and Director, including reserving meeting space and sending electronic invitations.
- Maintains correct, updated contact and distribution lists of THDA lending partners in the Tennessee Housing Electronic Loan Management Application (THELMA) computer system, or other applications.
- Maintains program guides for all mortgage programs and the homebuyer education program, including current updates and revisions; and distributes these items to lending partners and staff as requested.
- Assists Single Family Program Development & Administration Coordinator with annual Recertification of Originating Agents, collecting and tracking incoming documentation, and following process to complete recertification and maintain electronic records.
- Maintains and updates website information relative to mortgage programs and Homebuyer Education information, including daily rate sheet, list of approved lenders, income limits, guide revisions, and forms.
- Compiles and distributes Windows to Homeownership newsletter.
- Assists in the preparation of internal and external training events to include two annual Homebuyer Education events, which may include off site attendance at these events.
- Prepares material for Board of Directors Lending Committee meetings, attends meeting, and provides minutes for permanent record.
- Maintain distribution list for Single Family newsletter in Constant Contact.
- Maintain correct primary contact for Lenders in THELMA.
- Orders and maintains office supplies for the division; serves as back-up for purchase transaction for HBEI team.
- Maintains division payment card; reconciles payment card transactions and statements
- Answers general information line.
- Offers direct support to the HBEI team by managing HUD Housing Counseling customer calls and emails for triage and intake.
- Performs other general administrative activities as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent GED.
- Two years of successful, full-time employment in a business office environment, preferably a lending institution, with a high level of public interaction.
- Certified Administrative Professional Certification is preferred.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures and standard office equipment.
- Some knowledge of mortgage lending or real estate.
- Thorough knowledge of business English.
- Aptitude for working with numbers.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent telephone skills.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the public, and in giving and obtaining information.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Documents regularly, thoroughly, accurately, and completely.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
The special demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Current, valid driver’s license from domicile state and the ability to drive.
- Occasional travel, including overnight travel.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
BENEFITS: THDA offers an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options; disability insurance; retirement plans; flexible benefit pre-tax accounts for medical, dependent care, transportation, and parking; annual leave and sick leave that begin accruing after the first month of employment; and 11 paid holidays per year. We also offer work-life balance opportunities through alternative work schedules, flexible schedules, and telecommuting.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
APPLICATION MUST BE COMPLETE AND RESUME ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.THDA.ORG AND FOLLOW THE ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS