APPLICATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2019 AT 11:59PM
Professional environment. Great benefits. 37 ½ hour work week with flexible scheduling. Sound interesting?
Tennessee Housing Development Agency (THDA) is looking for a strong Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of sensitive, highly responsible, and confidential activities in support of our Director of Section 8 Rental Assistance and her staff in our downtown Nashville office. The ideal candidate will be a team player who will work closely with the Director to proactively anticipate needs, prioritize conflicting activities, follow up appropriately, handle matters expeditiously, and follow through on daily responsibilities and special projects successfully to completion, often within tight deadlines. Through all of this the successful applicant will maintain strong interpersonal relationships with employees and clients at all levels.
Key activities include researching program-related subjects, compiling data, and preparing briefs; drafting reports, proposals, memos, letters, presentations, and other documents; establishing and maintaining files; coordinating scheduling and communication including maintaining calendars, e-mail groups, and contacts; handling activities related to formal client complaints; handling travel arrangements; coordinating meetings including reserving space, sending electronic invitations, taking and transcribing minutes; and various other administrative responsibilities.
Minimum requirements: (Note that other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.)
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time employment in a business office environment.
- Experience in a business related to rental housing preferred.
- Must be proficient in Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to perform a variety of difficult and responsible administrative tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Exercises good and consistently fair judgement, courtesy, and tact in dealing with the staff and public in giving and obtaining information.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a high level of detail and accuracy.
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and the internet; able to effectively adapt to and use other computer systems as needed for daily activities.
To apply, visit our Career Opportunities section at www.thda.org. Note that THDA accepts only online applications. You will not be considered an official applicant until we have your electronic application.
THDA is a State of Tennessee agency, serving as Tennessee’s Housing Finance Agency (HFA). We offer an excellent benefits package, including health/dental/vision/life/disability insurance, retirement plans, paid vacation and sick leave, eleven paid holidays per year, an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), flexible benefit accounts, and professional development opportunities.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/EQUAL ACCESS/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER