Greg is a Senior Legislative and Policy Associate. You can reach him directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 8, 2018by Greg ZagorskiThe Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) issued March 6 a proposed rule that would amend the Federal Home Loans Banks’ (FHLB) Affordable Housing Program (AHP).
- March 2, 2018by Greg ZagorskiAt an event Tuesday at the American Enterprise Institute (AEI), several housing experts discussed their proposal to eliminate the government-sponsored enterprises (GSEs) Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac and privatize most of the housing finance system.
- February 14, 2018by Greg ZagorskiFannie Mae announced today in its latest earnings report that it realized a net loss in the fourth quarter of 2017, resulting in a net worth deficit of $3.7 billion as of December 31, 2017.
- February 13, 2018by Greg ZagorskiThe Trump Administration yesterday released the framework of the President’s long-awaited infrastructure plan. One of the key planks of the proposal would strengthen and allow for the increased use of private activity bonds (PABs), though it is unclear how many of the provisions would impact Housing Bonds.
- February 9, 2018by Greg ZagorskiThe U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday passed the Mortgage Choice Act (H.R. 1153). The legislation, which was introduced by Rep. Bill Huizenga (R-MI), would adjust the definition of “points and fees” in CFBP’s Ability-to-Repay/Qualified Mortgage rule to exclude insurance premiums held in escrow and title insurance charges from a company that's affiliated with the lender.